What's new

Best night rides...

What are your favorite night rides?

1. X2. It's super dark, feels like your in space, and the flamethrower are super scary when you can't see the two charred metal poles
  2. Velocicoaster. First half has awesome lighting on the rockwork. Blue lights reflecting off the lake is gorgeous. Try front row at night.
  3. Hangtime. We have all seen that light package
  4. Montu. Super dark, especially in the trenches.
  5. Cheetah Hunt. No lights back in the animal habitats, and very dark tunnels. Amplifies the Cheetah sensation even more.
  6. Ghostrider. It's a legend, I don't feel like speaking about it
  7. Tatsu. Try during Christmas time as the lights are absolutely amazing.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
I was lucky enough to get a Beast night ride last summer - they closed the ride while the fireworks show was on, and re-opened around 11pm or so - with everyone in the queue cheering as the first train went out. Hurtling through forest in the pitch black with practically no lights anywhere... now that's a wild night ride.

Close second is Millennium Force at night - it feels so much faster, and really picks up the pace throughout the day.

Furyous Baco 325

Roller Poster
I actually think majority of night rides don’t enhance the ride experience, but the ones that do are really good.
Mystic Timbers and Beast go way out into the woods where it’s pitch black, Lightning Rod goes into a dark valley then charges back over the hill towards the lights of the park, and X2’s fire at night is awesome.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
I was lucky enough to get a Beast night ride last summer - they closed the ride while the fireworks show was on, and re-opened around 11pm or so - with everyone in the queue cheering as the first train went out. Hurtling through forest in the pitch black with practically no lights anywhere... now that's a wild night ride.

Close second is Millennium Force at night - it feels so much faster, and really picks up the pace throughout the day.

I wonder if that was the same night I got my one night ride on Beast. 10 July 2023? It was funny because the ride was supposed to start up again once the firework and drone show finished but I think it ran into some technical issues that delayed it almost another 30 minutes but they still honored rides for everyone that was already waiting in line. Kudos to the Kings Island staff.

A trio of my favorites:
  • Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City - While some lighting has been added near the first drop, the majority of the ride still occurs in the hilly and forested terrain with minimal light making that out of control experience even that much nuttier.
  • Prowler - Worlds of Fun - Similar to Outlaw Run as the ride takes place in a tree-laden area away from the parks lighting. It achieves another level during Halloween Haunt with the fog from the fog machines settling near the ride.
  • Maverick - Cedar Point - I think this gains more at night than Steel Vengeance does. The turns through the rockwork by Lake Erie, the launch in and from the tunnel and the low turn over the pond are fantastic.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Voyage is really in a league of its own, at least from my experience. It’s already incredible, then you add near total darkness, with complete darkness in the tunnels. That triple down is just out of control.

Millennium Force is another great one for that elevated sense of speed. Plus there’s just something extra special about going up that lift looking up at stars, then plummeting 300 feet down into darkness.

Cedar Point really has several strong night rides. Maverick is a good shout for the reasons mentioned above. SteVe is special all the time, but a night ride elevates the second half racing through the structure. Magnum at night is great fun for the nighttime lake views and for completely dark tunnels. Alternating between violent ejector and getting slammed into your seat reaches a new level of hilarity when you can’t see the Dorito corners coming.

Beast gets all the attention for legendary night rides, but Kings Island is full of rides that go out away from the lights. Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, Orion, Banshee, Bat, all have solid night rides that take you out into the darkness.

The last one coming to mind is, ArieForce One. It’s not quite as dark as some of the others, but the near misses through the structure during the inversions provide some added spice; and it does get pretty dark down by the lake, which makes the arcade roll into the low turn feel even faster.

Stopping here, but I guess my answer should just be “All of them.” If it’s a good ride during the day, it’s probably an even better one at night!

Climb

Mega Poster
I wonder if that was the same night I got my one night ride on Beast. 10 July 2023? It was funny because the ride was supposed to start up again once the firework and drone show finished but I think it ran into some technical issues that delayed it almost another 30 minutes but they still honored rides for everyone that was already waiting in line. Kudos to the Kings Island staff.

A trio of my favorites:
  • Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City - While some lighting has been added near the first drop, the majority of the ride still occurs in the hilly and forested terrain with minimal light making that out of control experience even that much nuttier.
  • Prowler - Worlds of Fun - Similar to Outlaw Run as the ride takes place in a tree-laden area away from the parks lighting. It achieves another level during Halloween Haunt with the fog from the fog machines settling near the ride.
  • Maverick - Cedar Point - I think this gains more at night than Steel Vengeance does. The turns through the rockwork by Lake Erie, the launch in and from the tunnel and the low turn over the pond are fantastic.
Can confirm that @vaugc002 and I were there in that same queue on July 10th waiting for our night ride. Small world!

Bencarcieri01

Roller Poster
I have a few that come to mind
Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce is a damn good night ride especially when you in the woods and you only have the moon for light, another one that comes to mind is Hagrids over at Islands of Adventure because I love the use of the bike’s headlight as the main light source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk