What's new

Best GCI?

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
What is your favorite GCI roller coaster? Surprised we've never had one of these threads. I've never ridden one but from the LOOKS of things I say Prowler looks the best, closely followed by American Thunder/Thunderbird (They're pretty much almost the exact same coaster) and Kentucky Rumbler.

Soooo, What's your opinion?

Snoo

The Legend
That I've been on? Evel Kinevel (it will ALWAYS be that) at SFStl is by far my favorite, followed by Thunderhead and Lighting Racer.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Prowler was pretty meh to me. I rode it first thing in the morning in the front row and some 6 hours later in the back. Not to crap on "loved" rides, but I just didn't care for it. I'd pretty much put it 6th to last as far as my GCI's go. (of the 11/13 I've been on)

I'd put Renegade, Troy, or Kentucky Rumbler as my favorite. I guess it has to be the mood I'm in. And if it wasn't SBNO.... Ozark Wildcat was a damn good ride. Can't wait for Fun Spots GCI to open cool)

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
That I've been on? Evel Kinevel (it will ALWAYS be that) at SFStl is by far my favorite, followed by Thunderhead and Lighting Racer.

Wait I read your top 30 and Prowler was #11 and Eval Knieval was #12.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Is that really a big deal? Clearly, he likes Prowler and EK about the same. No need to be pedantic about it.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
madhjsp said:
Is that really a big deal? Clearly, he likes Prowler and EK about the same. No need to be pedantic about it.

Yeah I know it's not a big deal just a suggestion for accuracy and it is also not a big deal that we're having a fight over if something is a big deal.

Snoo

The Legend
Ladies.. ladies.. I was basing it off of my memory.. of a list I hadn't thought about or changed since June of last year. Hush your puppies.

Yes, Prowler, EK, then etc etc.

In general, I'm not a fan of GCI. They don't really give what I like.. airtime. Prowler and EK did that.. and did it well.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
Ladies.. ladies.. I was basing it off of my memory.. of a list I hadn't thought about or changed since June of last year. Hush your puppies.

Yes, Prowler, EK, then etc etc.

In general, I'm not a fan of GCI. They don't really give what I like.. airtime. Prowler and EK did that.. and did it well.

If you like airtime that new White Lightning looks like it does it pretty well, so that's another GCI that could suit your taste.

Mike

Giga Poster
From my Wood Coaster Poll rankings...

1. Renegade
2. Prowler
3. Wood Coaster
4. Lightning Racer
5. Apocalypse (SFMM)
6. Troy
are all in my top 15 woodies, and then you get to 26th and 35th for
7. Joris en de Draak
8. Screamin' Eagle
before there's a large gap until 56th (out of 71) for
9. Gwazi
10. Roar (SFDK)
11. Roar (SFAm.)

TilenB

Strata Poster
From those I've ridden Apocalypse (sfmm). But I've only ridden two (the other is Gwazi), so... :)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
That I've been on...Lightning Racer but Mountain Flyer/Wood Coaster has to be the best one they've made
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_WdFTcSHI[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
From what I've ridden: Thunderhead, Apocalypse, Lightning Racer, Prowler, Wildcat.

That being said, Gravity Group's Ravine Flyer II is still my #1.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
My GCII card is surprisingly weak. With Hershey coming up in June I will add 3 more.

Thunderhead

Kentucky Rumbler
Terminator Salvation
Gwazi Tiger
Gwazi Lion
Roar SFA

Also, I have a feeling White Lightning will fit in below TSTR and above Gwazi.