• The Flying Dinosaur

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved from General Polls forum (meant for non-coaster type polls) to the Polls forum.

Of the ones I've ridden (Air, SM:UF (SFGAdv), SM:UF (SFGAm) and Tatsu), I'd have to say Tatsu. It's got a great setting up on top of the hill, a good layout (I like the high and slow corkscrews as well as the pretzel loop) and is smooth.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The only flyer I've been on is Superbland: Waste of Steel at SFGAm. If you couldn't tell from the name, I'm not a big fan of it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've done Manta, Air, and Superman GAd. Enjoyed all of them, but Manta is the clear superior of the three. Not only is the layout much better, but it looks really nice.

That being said, Flying Dinosaur, Sky Scrapper, and Tatsu look better (in that order imo). I love pretzel loops too which is why I always admired those 3.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've ridden Manta, Superman SFOG and SCGAdv. Absolutely loved Manta, liked Suoerman SFOG a lot, and disliked Superman SFGAdv. SFOG was smoother and worked really well with the terrain. SFGAdv had a great pretzel loop then just didn't do anything.

Ben

CF Legend
No love for Crystal Wings boo?

I've realised I've done 9 of 11 of these which is mental, of the ones I've done I'd say;

Tatsu
Starry Sky Ripper
Manta
Acrobat
Flying Dinosaur
Crystal Wings
Superman (SFoG/SFGADV)
Air

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've only done Tatsu and Air so far and I have to go with the former. Great ride.

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
In order from those I've done, and including Crystal Wings which, considering you're "TheFlyerMan", is a rather large oversight.

1. Skyscrapper
2. Tatsu
3. Manta
4. Crystal Wings
5. Air
6/7. Superman (SFGAd/SFGAm)

The theming and interaction of Crystal Wings puts it a lot higher than the other Superman clones, which I'm not a massive fan of at all.

I'm surprise there are only eleven of these to be honest; I thought there were more. Depending on what I decide to do this year, I might get Harpy done, with a smaller chance of Acrobat and/or Flying Dinosaur. We'll see.

I haven't done a lot of flying coasters, but the ones I've done I'd rank like this:

1. Air- Actually simulates flying the best out of all the ones I've been on and doesn't try to murder you with forces
2. Acrobat- Has a pretty nice layout, not too intense, and still more unique than the Superman clones
3. Superman: Ultimate Flight- Kind of boring once you've done them so much, although I do actually like the first drop and the mincey parts on these.
4. Flying Dinosaur- This would be the best one if you basically chopped out the half pretzel loop at immediately precedes the full pretzel loop. I literally thought my heart was going to fail and then I couldn't enjoy the rest of the coaster

Jake

Strata Poster
I'd like these a lot more if they didn't have pretzel loops. Such an uncomfortable feeling with too much pressure on your head and vital organs. Just vile.

1) Starry Sky Ripper - Really different layout, love the zero g and a half and the vertical loop felt really cool. Don't remember it being uncomfortable. No pretzel loop yay.
2) Air - Doesn't really do much, but it doesn't have a pretzel loop yay.
3) Tatsu - pretzel loop boo.
4) Acrobat - These are meant to be better than the Superman clones but I really didn't notice much difference? Also pretzel </3.
5) Crystal Wings - Superman but prettier. Still has the pretzel.
6) Superman (SFGadv) - heh.
7) Flying Dinosaur - It has the fab zero g and a half but it's immediately followed by a pretzel loop and a half. It was just too, ****, much.

Yeah I really don't like pretzel loops.