What's new

Best day to visit Alton Towers?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Qutie a simple one really.

Roughly speaking, is it better to go to Alton on Saturdays or Sundays? In terms of queues etc.

See, piece of cake. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sundays in my experience. Though I've not been on a Saturday for 20 years :lol:

I think it's generally recognised that Saturdays are busier. I've never understood it really, Sundays are a much better day for theme parking in my opinion.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Sunday, definitely. When I went for a whole weekend for my birthday last year the park was so much quiter on the Sunday compared to Saturday.

I get the impression that Saturdays will always be for families to do something 'fun' together, and Sundays are the day where they try to relax at home or visit the grandparents for Sunday roast :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Sunday's. A lot of families do their shopping, visit family, go to Church (ha. Maybe?) on Sunday's, so usually it's pretty quiet (for a weekend). Still, you can never beat a mid-week visit!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK, thanks guys. I'll aim for a Sunday.

I want to go mid-week, but I think I'm lucky in having a day off mid-week, unlike my flatmates.

:)

Ben

CF Legend
There was once an article saying statistically Sundays and Mondays are the quietest days of the weeks, wouldn't be able to find it for the life of me mind.

Cause also remember that's the day when public transport SPITES <//3

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I know it wasn't an option but I find the best day is polling day (usually midweek). As kids are off school (so no coach loads of school children) and their parents are in work, generally it's always quiet.

Martyn B

CF Legend
marc said:
I always heard a Wednesday or a Thursday are the best days to visit most parks.

I thought it was Monday and Tuesday that were supposed to be the quietest days? They have been in my experience anyway. Even in the summer hols, Lightwater was dead on a monday!

Anywho, Sunday will be much better.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So between us we've managed to come to the conclusion that every day of the week should be the quietest day. Brilliant.

walker1104

Mega Poster
^ Haha, every day except Friday and Saturday :p

Seriously though, if you have to go on a weekend, always go for a Sunday over a Saturday.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I go Alton quite a lot of Saturdays, and it's not that bad most of the time, but Sundays are normally quieter.

tks

Strata Poster
Hixee said:

I want to go mid-week, but I think I'm lucky in having a day off mid-week, unlike my flatmates.

So tell them to skip classes for a day? Christ sake you're students! You should only be attending 50% of your lectures, and they should be hungover!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
tks said:
Hixee said:

So tell them to skip classes for a day? Christ sake you're students! You should only be attending 50% of your lectures, and they should be hungover!
I have asked. I can't make them, plus the Physics guy has got a lab that he has to attend on the Wednesday. Shame I know.

Nic

Strata Poster
Students are useless at being useless.

Don't talk to me until you pass all your units, having been to only one lecture for a whole semester.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Can I not talk to you anyway? Is it compulsory to talk to you if you've done that?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I might as well tag this in with this topic, as I don't see the point in starting a new one.

How much does the wind affect the coasters at Alton? I know they're pretty sheltered, but it is likely they'll be affected?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've never known one close due to wind... Well, there was that time after I'd been on the Guinness the night before and I'd had a Vindaloo, well, they closed Hex down pretty quickly, but it's a different kettle of fish really.