What's new

Best colour scheme

andrus

Giga Poster
Probably have been done before but I couldn't find it with the search engine.

Which coaster according to you has the best looking colour scheme? Don't bother of the layout, track shape, location etc, it's just the colour combination that's interesting!

Personally I like subtle supports that enhance the track. Coasters like Dragon Khan and Desert Race does this very good with the colour of their supports, they almost vanishes and it looks like floating track in the air. Love both coasters! But a more interesting colour combination is definitely the one on Goliath, Walibi World. The sexy green colour blends in perfectly with the purple and is the major reason imo to why it's such a fantastic looking ride!

Some of my favourites include:

- Nitro
- Bizarro
- Kingda Ka (haha, Great Adventure seems to do well with their colour schemes I guess)
- Wicked Twister
- X2 before it got repainted

Stealth's is also pretty interesting and unique, but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites.

RCF

Strata Poster
I've always really liked Goliath's at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, I mean just look at it!

goliath_01_756.jpg

<3

CMonster

Giga Poster
I absolutely LOVE Manta's color scheme, those blues are just so perfect for that ride.

Also, Cheetah Hunt's colors are nice, much better together than I thought they would be.

There are others that I can't think of right now. :p

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Even though I don't rate the coaster that much, I think Nemesis Inferno looks so cool.

I just wish the rails were black.

p6006.jpg

There's just something about Millennium Force's blue as well.

p30481.jpg

Love it, and not entirely sure why.

spicy

Giga Poster
Orochi's all white colour scheme was pretty damn unique, not quite sure if I like it or not though. I do in some pictures and not in others.

http://www.rcdb.com/1186.htm?p=0

Nemesis's rust colour scheme deserves a mention aswell, definately one of my favourites. Also Airs colours are quite nice and fit the theme well.

This is one of the best colours I have seen in a while aswell, can only wonder what colour the supports are going to be, white maybe?

db_2010_1121_Track041.jpg

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Nemesis when it was like this:

22076463761725695815185.jpg

22076463761130695815185.jpg

The track/supports so badly need repainting. It doesn't even resemble anything of the original colours now its faded so much.

Other than that. Blues and Silver together. Turquoise and Cream. I LOVE Colossus how it originally was in the opening year.

snap1oh.png

Quite the contrast between now and then. It looks like a completely different ride.

colossus001.jpg

mar0213.jpg

Talon.

p4607.jpg

Goliath.

p3342.jpg

X2. MilF. EGF. Alpie. Diamondback. Griffon. Xcelerator.

Wicked Twister!!!

p8205.jpg

Anything really bright and in your face. Even Intrimadator McDonald colours.

nealbie

CF Legend
Colossus! Lots of love for Leigh right now! <3

And yeah, the track used to look fab.... but now it's all about the plantlife <3

Oh, and Piraten's colour scheme REALLY works - as will Monster's when it's painted! :lol:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Original X was the ****...

p2165.jpg

But really... I don't know... It's not something that really affects my taste in rides...

Steel Hawg has a funky scheme though...

p21872.jpg

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Maybe it's partly the setting, but I really like Kwasemi:

p22551.jpg

And maybe I'm just biased, but grey with pink rails sounds horrible, but I think it works very nicely:

p18658.jpg

nealbie

CF Legend
^ I think all the mega-lites look sexy - perhaps it's the design <3

But clearly, I'm also a bit biased because (not-so) secretly, I'm a dirty Intamin perv :p