What's new

Best coaster under 100ft?

reddude333

Giga Poster
For me it's gotta go to Renegade at Valleyfair! (97') and Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (70') with Tremors and Maverick being oh so close at 103' (drop) and 105' respectively.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
"Megafobia" at Oakwood, Love the 1st drop & airtime esp in the afternoon's / evenings when it's warmed up.

lazor22

Roller Poster
WEll the closest in my top 10 would be georgia scorcher coming in at 107/101 but my favorite under 100 would probably be comet @ hershey or hydra.

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
I'll go ahead and say, from personal experience only, best wooden coaster 100ft or under goes to Tremors at Silverwood. It's an epic CCI and one of the best built, I mean, it was in the Hawker poll top 10 for 10 years straight, and it wasn't influenced by Alvey and the cult to get there, either.

As far as steelies go, I'd have to go with Ninja at SFMM. It's a fun Arrow suspended and, considering whats left, it's the best one out there today.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Already mentioned Thunderhead in this thread, but my top 5 other favorite sub-100' coasters would be these in some order:

Lightning Racer
Hydra: The Revenge
Mind Bender
Flight of Fear
Verbolten

Lofty

CF Legend
Revenge of the Mummy (Orlando). It's a great, fun little coaster, it's very short but the ride experience is by far my most favourite dark coaster going.