What's new

Best coaster layout?

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
Given how popular Maverick was (and remains among enthusiasts) I wonder why we didn't see any clones?

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I’ve not rode it yet but If you put 500 coaster dorks in a room and said ‘‘work together and design your ideal coaster layout’’... you’d end up with Steel Vengance.

Classic shout out to Colossus at Thorpe. At the time it was perfection. Decent length, and all the inversions flow perfectly unlike The Smiler which is just a mess.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
I’ve not rode it yet but If you put 500 coaster dorks in a room and said ‘‘work together and design your ideal coaster layout’’... you’d end up with Steel Vengance.

Classic shout out to Colossus at Thorpe. At the time it was perfection. Decent length, and all the inversions flow perfectly unlike The Smiler which is just a mess.
Yes to Steel Vengeance. It just looks perfect. Not sure on Colossus though, the first half is decent but the rolls just seem like a lazy unimaginative way to get to a number of inversions. I much prefer Smiler's layout, who doesn't love a good dive loop.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Yes to Steel Vengeance. It just looks perfect. Not sure on Colossus though, the first half is decent but the rolls just seem like a lazy unimaginative way to get to a number of inversions. I much prefer Smiler's layout, who doesn't love a good dive loop.
I agree the rolls are not particularly imaginative, but it’s a pretty unique and relentless end to the ride!

Honestly if they got smoother trains without the big, bulky restraints - it would be the best coaster in the park and possibly UK.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Honestly thought the MCBR was going to take away from the ride but it actually gives you just enough time to catch your breath before as intense of a second half of a ride as I have ever seen. Inside the structure more than outside and non stop action.