Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Shambhala

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Toutatis by a couple of country miles. I haven't done most of the rides on the list, but the only one I can really see beating it is Taiga. GeForce comes close, but nothing I've done in Europe beats what Toutatis does. Absolutely phenomenal ride.

JeffreyDC

Roller Poster
Steel
1)Taron (Phantasialand)
2)The Ride to Happiness (Plopsaland)
3)Kondaa (Walibi Belgium)
4)Untamed (Walibi Holland)
5)Blue Fire (Europapark)
6)FLY (Phantasialand)
7)Expedition Geforce (Holiday Park)
8)Black Mamba/Nemesis (Phantasialand/Alton Towers)
9)Monster (Walygator Parc)
10)Silver Star (Europapark)

Wood
1)Wodan (Europapark)
2)Colossos (Heide Park)
3)Troy (Toverland)
4)Wickerman (Alton Towers)
5)Tonnerre de Zeus before retrack (Parc Astérix)
6)Joris en de draak (Efteling)
7)Heidi The Ride (Plopsaland)
8)Wood Express (Parc Saint Paul)
9)Weerwolf (Walibi Belgium)
10)Bandit (Movie Park)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Haven't done lech or gotham.

Probably something along the lines of:

1. Taron
2. Ride to Happiness
3. Taiga

Taron has a special vibe to it and is more re-rideable than the other two so that's why it's still at the top.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Taron for me out of the ones on the list I've ridden. Ranking all of those in order I'd go:

Taron
Shambhala
Kondaa
Hyperion
Wildfire
Lech
Helix

Still to ride a lot of the newer big boys including two RMCs and the 2023 Intamins.

Notable omissions: Nemesis, Black Mamba, Monster (Grona) and probably some non-inverts :D

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I've never felt experienced enough to comment on these kinda threads but after some recent trips maybe I can finally add my 2 cents.

1. Ride To Happiness
2. Toutatis
3. Taron
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Kondaa
6. Untamed
7. Balder
8. Expedition GeForce

I really didn't want to enjoy Ride to Happiness, the concept of motorized spinning on a ride that looks as jank as it does - the thought alone made me nauseous, but here we are. It absolutely hauls ass.

Last edited:

j-cat5

Roller Poster
Another vote for Taron here, largely backed up my 11 rides on it the pouring rain today. An utterly, utterly superb experience.

One of those few things in life that well and truly lives up all the hype in my opinion...

Last edited:

j-cat5

Roller Poster
Another vote for Taron here, largely backed up my 11 rides on it the pouring rain today. An utterly, utterly superb experience.
Oh and for those wondering can confirm first hand single rider is back which is VERY handy for those who wish to marathon.

j-cat5

Roller Poster
So new top ten for me. Haven't overly thought this through and could easily be missing something huge by mistake but for now let's go with

1: Taron
2: Zadra
3: Shambhala
4: Nemesis
5: Silver star
6: Hyperion
7: Stealth
8: Wodan
9: Blue Fire
10: The Smiler

I've decided to move Hyperion down a few spots because of the enormous discrepancy between the brilliant inner seats and the dreaded outer seats.... If all seats were like middle it would probably sit between Taron and Zadra. Maybe even #1 still ......If all were like the outside seats it certainly wouldn't get a mention . I just don't want to have to go through this gamble every time I ride......

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Best coaster in Europe is still Shambhala for me.

It's starting to feel like the boring answer. I wish another coaster would top it.

I thought Taron might finally beat it last year based on the hype, but it didn't come close.

Haven't done Ride To Happiness or Zadra yet. They look like good contenders.

Mark9

Roller Poster
I'd usually have Nemesis right at the top but as that doesn't exist in its original form anymore its fair game now.

1. Ride to Happiness
2. Toutatis
3. Untamed
4. Oz'Iris
5. Batman: Escape from Gotham
6. Blue Fire
7. Helix
8. Katun
9. Baron 1898.
10. Wodan

Europe has some stunning rides though. Taron, Hyperion, Zadra & Wildfire feel like they should be in there and yet I feel more connected to the bottom five of my top ten.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'd usually have Nemesis right at the top but as that doesn't exist in its original form anymore its fair game now.

1. Ride to Happiness
2. Toutatis
3. Untamed
4. Oz'Iris
5. Batman: Escape from Gotham
6. Blue Fire
7. Helix
8. Katun
9. Baron 1898.
10. Wodan

Europe has some stunning rides though. Taron, Hyperion, Zadra & Wildfire feel like they should be in there and yet I feel more connected to the bottom five of my top ten.

Blue Fire above Helix, and Taron?!
Minor cardiac arrest incoming...

But seriously, very interesting take. I'd love to hear your full analysis.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
Rutschebanen at Tivoli Gardens gives more airtime than an RMC, not a traditional best coaster but the most fun and that's what matters most.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Having ridden just two from the list (Ride to Happiness and Untamed), Untamed just barely edges out RtH.

Hopefully riding Helix next week, I wonder if it'll provide a worthy contender against that stacked up top two...