What's new

Bellewaerde Park | Huracan | Zierer Force

peep

CF Legend
^Yeah that was my thinking. I highly doubted the main coaster section would be that flat. :D I suppose what I should have put was more, "I hope the dark ride section is themed". What's this park like with that sort of thing? Or is this new ground for them? [/totallycluelessaboutthispark]

Lofty

CF Legend
^ If you look on the first page of this thread, this is actually re-using a building that used to run a dark ride that was one of the most popular attractions in the park. I do think they're gonna do pretty well with it.

Also, that logo <3

Martyn B

CF Legend
What's this park like with that sort of thing? Or is this new ground for them?

The park is nice, but apart from a Pirates Adventure clone (that made way for this), there wasn't really that much in terms of theming, it was just a nice park, in a nice setting, with fairly standard rides (Boomerang, Tivoli coaster, Breakdance, Topple Tower, Huss Drop Tower, Rapids, Log Flume, Chute, Dinghy Slide, Madhouse).

Whilst this will no doubt be good fun, it's a shame they removed the parks only true dark ride to build it - Los Piratas was one of the better rides at the park.

Martyn B

CF Legend
More photo's:

486293_10151279408047943_307479043_n.jpg

598638_10151279408052943_1251979100_n.jpg

391921_10151279408082943_385346634_n.jpg

75226_10151279408092943_948947482_n.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
^Yeah. It looks like the park really wants to make up for the loss of one of their major and most popular rides.

Judging by the pictures, the trains are going to feature on-board audio and there will be some kind of gate leading to the lift hill (for themeing purposes or blocking the sunlight, or both).

Looks promising!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Those trains are delicious! Looks like a superb little coaster.

witting

Roller Poster
about the little outdoor section. they said it was going to be over the mexico plaza i hope atleast.

i'm planning on going on the opening day with some friends

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some new pics, though nothing too interesting:

60920101513027015079431.jpg

48037310151302701337943.jpg

I still think this is an incredible effort for such a small park!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
I still think this is an incredible effort for such a small park!

See, I don't find it that surprising to be honest. Yes, it is a huge effort, but small parks in that part of the world (Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands) frequently make the sort of effort that we'd never see in the UK.

Jake

Strata Poster
I'm not sure I'd class it as a small park... If you look at the coasters then maybe, but everything else they have makes it feel more like a bigger park when you're actually there (dark rides, rapids, topple tower, tidal wave thing etc). Plus, it's in a nice setting and the actual land the park is in is huge. They just need another major coaster or two really.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its just felt like a small park to me, full of basic off the shelf rides. It was nice enough, but nothing seemed of a high quality. The only dark ride now is the Madhouse.

With this, they're definitely punching above their weight. Let's just hope they continue this trend with any future additions.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Haven't even looked at this topic so far, but this is building up to be quite good! Love the bits of theming so far.