What's new

Beanoland closing at Chessington?

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I was on Wikipedia a while ago and read this on the page, "Chessington World Of Adventures":

Beanoland

Beanoland (themed around The Beano comic) was introduced in 2000. The area opened with two rides: Roger the Dodger's Dodgems, and Billy's Whizzer; a wave-swinger with water fountains that squirt guests on the ride. In the following years, Dennis's Madhouse, an undercover play area relocated from the Millennium Dome, and the Bash Street Bus, a small magic carpet-type ride, were added. In 2008, Beanoland ends an 8 year contract with Chessington which may result in re-themeing of various rides unless the park renews the contract by the end of the year.

Anything else to add, anyone?

Ollie

CF Legend
It's not closing this season as far as I know Chessington have said that they are looking into rethemeing it.

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh :(

I'm upset now..... I clicked thinking that the **** hole had finally been axed, but apparently not (yet!)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Nah it is happening...

The Bus will be moving to Toy Town and hopefully (at least this is what's in the talks) a new roller coaster in that area.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Screaming Coasters said:
Nah it is happening...

The Bus will be moving to Toy Town and hopefully (at least this is what's in the talks) a new roller coaster in that area.

What? This year?? ;)

Mark

Strata Poster
That actually made me LOL!

Yeah, when I was asked to get all that info and ideas from everyone this was mentioned to me. But as I am not allowed to pass on the info I couldn't mention it at the time... although I did give indications as to my ideas for what a Beanoland revamp could be. It would seem that it is a bit more common knowledge now, but do remember, nothing is ever set in stone till the contracts are signed and the constructions begin.

spicy

Giga Poster
I swear I read somewhere that it was going to be like a CBBC land or some ****?

I really hope they go for something original like a prehistoric land or something.....come to think about it theres going to be some Ugland themeing floating around now :lol:

alexdude98

Mega Poster
:big15: now i think it is happening, hey...remember how the corkscrew closed at alton towers, they might move that to chessington :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
*facepalm*

Why would they move an old ride which was removed due to maintenance costs moreso than expansion?

Loops are an answer, but old coasters are not... New stuff, small and cheap-ish stuff... Gerstlauer stuff... Lynet like etc....

A

Anonymous

I hope it dosent get rethemed as its really good 4 kids!

A

Anonymous

Champions but it really does need up dating, it looks very dated. Chessie need something new.