but also take into consideration their failures

Arrow - Drachenfire
Togo - Everything

You pick, which was worse?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Togo hands down. They make Vekoma look like Intamin.

A

Anonymous

I think that you haven't experienced enough Togo's, only because Americans can't maintain them properly doesn't mean that all of them are bad. Most of the Togo's I have ridden are good, and some of them are really great like Fujiyama.

And I don't think that any of the Arrow coasters I have been on (except for Eagle Fortress) have given me any great rides...

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
but i hear that even Fujiyama hurt

and Fujin Raijin II has wheel problems that were never fixed and that derailed and killed someone.

A

Anonymous

^ Then you have herd wrong, Fujiyama is easily as smooth than the Intamin equivalent.

Had wheel problems you mean, it's scrap now, and that would be the only Togo that had any issues in Japan...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
And let's face it, Steel Dragon wasn't exactly problem free... Though that was Morgan, but they were tied very closely to Arrow weren't they?

I've found all the Togos I've been on to be "mediocre", but not dreadful. The Arrows range from dreadful to"quite good really".

I think they average out quite nicely ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
dropthefloor93 said:
How about Viper and Manhattan Express? Those just straight up sucked.

I've not been on those, so can't comment. I shall just ignore they exist... ;)

marc

CF Legend
For me its not Arrow, as if it was not for Arrow we would not have some of the classic coasters that we still have.

For me this is the biggest loss Schwarzkopf.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
droptheball said:
Togo - Everything

Yawn...

Typical "America=The World" response, which is so old and tired it should be put in a **** ing home.

Fujiyama is an excellent coaster, as are Bandit, Surf Coaster, and the looping mouse coasters.

Other than Eagle Fortess (basically a fluke since it ran a good 15mph faster than it was supposed to, X2 (which crippled them and had to be refurbished by another company) and possibly Magnum XL200, I can't think of any Arrow coasters that I've enjoyed anywhere near as much as the better Togo rides.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Well Both companies suck. Arrow's amount of Down Time on X was just horrible, and the maitenance crews working on Togo's the Windjammer suck as well.

Hoever, the best companies are the european ones. MS, B&M, Intamin, they're the juggernauts of the industry. you dont see Premier competing to build the next brick ****ting coaster.

and mark, Schwartzkopf had its failures, but i consider them to be the most Revolutionary (Pun intended) company in the world. it's a shame they went.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
gavin said:
droptheball said:
Togo - Everything

Yawn...

Typical "America=The World" response, which is so old and tired it should be put in a ****ing home.
If you had said "moved to Florida", then I think your joke would have been better.

I don't have an opinion on this poll.