What's new

B&M on the Intamin website

choluby

Roller Poster
On the inverted page on the Intamin website, it has a picture of a B&M invert which is actually better :roll:

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
Both Bolliger and Mabillard used to work for Intamin before branching off and forming B&M, and Intamin at that time had the same track style. If you look at the old Intamin standups, they seat 4 across and have the same track style as B&M currently does.

I think you're speaking of the picture on this page: Link

Where in invert is sitting 4 across. I believe that is Euro-Star. And it is actually an Intamin.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Do Intamin not make a 4-across model? Or is that Vekoma?

Doesn't stop it being odd having a B&M on their site... :?

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
Do Intamin not make a 4-across model? Or is that Vekoma?

Vekoma only makes 2-across.

And to add, the coaster in the image isn't an Intamin coaster. It's a Giovanola. B&M was inspired by the Giovanola invert (more so, the famous loop, barrel roll and loop found on Batman: The Ride) and managed to get the rights from Giovanola to build similar rides (as I've mentioned B:TR). Intamin has only inspired B&M with the box track and Intamin itself has only had it's stand-up used by B&M. Intamin has never created a four across seating invert. The only invert that Intamin has features 2-across seating positions. Giovanola only made two inverts in a span of 9 years.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
*Sigh* There's always some coaster in China or Japan that proves me wrong..

The builder was Intamin, but it is considered a Giovanola coaster, only because the track is much different from the 3 (sometimes 2 or 4) tracked Intamins.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Strikes me as odd though that Intamin wouldn't just use a picture of another one of their rides? I mean, sure, the only people reading the Intamin site are probably going to recognise it to be the Eurostar model (I didn't even know that existed or was made by Intamin!), but surely you'd try and stray away from using something so similar to one of your rivals?

It's not like they don't have enough other coasters to use...

Xpress

Strata Poster
Considering Intamin only has a total of 3 inverted (suspended) rides they have built, I'd say they pretty much don't have much of a choice...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
unlimitedcoaster said:
And to add, the coaster in the image isn't an Intamin coaster. It's a Giovanola. B&M was inspired by the Giovanola invert (more so, the famous loop, barrel roll and loop found on Batman: The Ride) and managed to get the rights from Giovanola to build similar rides (as I've mentioned B:TR). Intamin has only inspired B&M with the box track and Intamin itself has only had it's stand-up used by B&M. Intamin has never created a four across seating invert. The only invert that Intamin has features 2-across seating positions. Giovanola only made two inverts in a span of 9 years.

Where are you getting your information from? I was always under the impression Intamin first worked with Giovanola with B&M involved as employees of Intamin. Giovanola manufactured the track for B&M's new designs for Stand-up coasters and when B&M started on their own, they carried the Giovanola track design with them.

Giovanola have only made 1 invert of their own: Anaconda at Gold Reef City (1999). They worked with Intamin on Eurostar in 1995 (as subcontractors though, probably just track manufacturing again).

Well, that's the general story and the RCDB details anyway. Happy for new information to come to light.

Kebab

Giga Poster
jjjjustin said:
^ um no and no. First about vekoma, http://www.rcdb.com/4328.htm and

and then about Giovanola, they are only the sub-contractor not the actual builder.
( http://www.rcdb.com/4242.htm )
Can't forget the obvious Vekoma too... :)

flyer3.jpg

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well I've learnt something from this. I never knew Intamin made a 4-abreast invert, let alone that that coaster even existed. Apparently it's a touring coaster but was sold to the park who put it there for good - from a POV it certainly looks very travel-friendly.

Interesting.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
What an interesting history that ride has!

From Wiki:

'Aspects of the ride were built by many companies from across Europe (hence the name), under the directorship of the Swiss ride firm Intamin AG'

'Eurostar’s control system was subcontracted to Intamin AG, who designed and produced the system.

Giovanola was subcontracted to produce the track, lift, and most of the electrical system.

Mannhardt, a company located in Southern Germany, produced the supports, as well as the sole and chocks for the coaster. The company declared bankruptcy during construction. Bruch founded a “hive-off vehicle” to complete the construction phase and assure Eurostar’s completion.

Giovanola assembled the trains with components produced by an unknown Dutch company.

MACK Rides created the “cash box” area.

Johann Gerstlauer, whose brother Hurbert Gerstlauer owns Gerstlauer Elektro GmbH, produced the station and exit area. Pelz, another company located in Southern Germany, produced the ride's lighting.'

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Awww I think it's cute how all these companys got together to do this ride.

Not even sure it's appropriate for Intamin to put it on their website when it's clear they can't just roll another one out. Unless they're trying to steal all the limelight