• Diamondback/Intimidator-Style Seats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apollo's Chariot/Nitro-Style Seats

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Pick your fave!

For the purpose of this poll, ignore the layout of the actual rides, and pick based on the trains only.

For me, I like the newer Intimidator Style Seat design. Back row, left outside on Intimidator gives me butterflies to this day.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
dif

Only been on Nitro. Will ride D-Back this summer for comparison.

It seems though that you can see more on D-Back but Nitro has a greater capacity so you move faster through lines.

Jake

Strata Poster
The new trains are better. Before doing east coast in 2008 I hadn't ridden either, and from pictures thought Behemoth's trains looked a bit crappy and weird, but the openness REALLY improved the ride experience. The traditional ones are cool too, but not quite as fab.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The new B&M Hyper trains simply put feature the most comfortable seats and offers one of the best "views" out of all coaster trains. Far better than the old trains.

Intamin's stadium seating design is also comfortable, and does offer a nice view, but because of B&M massive capacity and throughput, I put the B&M Hyper train design at the top as the best design.

Snoo

The Legend
New style is superior. The seat comfort is the same but the view/openness of the new train is fantastic.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Interesting.

Do you feel like they will replace, say, Nitro's seats with the new trains or is that mechanically impossible?

Snoo

The Legend
Doubt it. I'm not going to go into the physics as I have no idea how the new trains would react, if at all, on Nitro's track.. but I do know the station would have to be modified, along with some of the track.. and maybe the MCBR? ..because of the length of the trains.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
That makes sense... It would be an expensive remodel but maybe smaller parks looking for a cheaper alternative to adding an actual coaster will dig it? I'm looking at you BGE :D

Definitely the new ones. The old ones aren't bad by any means, and I doubted the style of the new ones until I rode Behemoth and Diamondback and realized that the openness really adds to the feeling of openness and vulnerability.

A101

Mega Poster
I really like the open-ness. It makes for a really great ride experience with the open seats being paired with airtime.

Ben

CF Legend
The new trains are possibly my favourite trains ever. The "old" ones are still fantastic, absolutely amazing, but, the new ones are better. And they give better airtime at the front and back because of the length <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Exactly.

That combined with tremendous capacity and rph makes these trains my favorite as well.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
That combined with tremendous capacity and rph makes these trains my favorite as well.
Hyde, the newer Intimidator/Dback trains have greater capacity? Their rows seat two as opposed to the older trains seat four per row. ?

Ben

CF Legend
^Yes, but, count the rows... There IS four people less per train, but, they still PUMP people through the queue.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
ben

Ben that is what I thought, they both have almost the same capacity, it comes down to the openness of the newer trains. :--D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
bizarrofan10 said:
Hyde244 said:
Hyde, the newer Intimidator/Dback trains have greater capacity? Their rows seat two as opposed to the older trains seat four per row. ?

I wasn't comparing new train capacity vs. old train capacity (old trains do win out because of the added row), but commenting on how quickly each of the new trains is loaded and moves through the station.

This is in part thanks to having the single locking restraint, compared to Intamin's lapbar + seat belt combo.