What's new

Areas with a high concentration of a manufacturer's rides?

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Europa Park is practically Mack's showroom, but what are some other parks/areas that seem like showcases of a particular manufacturer?

I've always thought Central Florida was somewhat of a B&M showcase. You've got two rare B&M sitdown models, one of them featuring a launch; three inverts, one among the best in the world, and the other two intertwined; a floorless coaster, a dive coaster, a flying coaster, and now Mako, a B&M hyper. If one of the parks in Florida added a wing coaster, they would be the undisputed capital of B&M's.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Areas with a high concentration of a manufacturer's ride

Lotte World with Intamin. Well, in the past at least; they haven't added anything for a while.

The aquatrax is now notorious, but they also built the first twist 'n' turn coaster, as well as the first gyro drop, gyro swing and ballistic tower. So that's 5 prototypes. They also have an Intamin log flume, rapids, monorail and a few other bits and pieces.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I think you can call Southern California a major Arrow location. You have Gold Rusher, X2, Viper, Ninja, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain(before the remodel), and Knotts at one point had Corkscrew, the first modern inverting coaster, and Wacky Soap Box Racers, the first of its kind. Desperado and Canyon Blaster at Las Vegas aren't too far away, either.

Ireeb

Mega Poster

Tripsdrill was Gerstlauer's first customer, and since then, they only ordered roller coasters from Gerstlauer. A bobsled, a wooden coaster (In cooperation with "Holzbau Cordes") and an Infinity coaster. Their only coaster that isn't from Gerstlauer is the Tivoli, which was built before Gerstlauer was really in business.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Belantis has a similar story, doesn't it?

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Olaf

Mega Poster

Disney parks and Vekoma

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
I think you can call Southern California a major Arrow location. You have Gold Rusher, X2, Viper, Ninja, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain(before the remodel).

Not to forget the Arrow dark and family rides that Disney has.

S

SimonSays99

Hansa-Park for Gerstlauer coasters: Fluch, Kärnan and Midgaard - next year coming Kleiner Zar
Heide-Park still has solid HUSS line-up: Enterprise, Break-Dance, TopSpin, Magic, Flipper
Geiselwind also has a small HUSS land - all former carnival rides: Ranger, Condor, Enterprise, Break-Dance

German carnivals are still solid on Schwarzkopf and HUSS rides - the biggest are Oktoberfest and Rheinwiese were you can ride both major coasters Alpina-Bahn and Olympia-Looping plus tons of flats from Schwarzkopf (Monster, Absoluter, Orbiter) and HUSS (TopSpin, Enterprise, Magic, Flipper, Booster, BreakDance, BreakDance No.2 large variant, MegaDance, Frisbee).

On the sad end Slagharen had sold many of its classic Schwarzkopf and Weber rides for lack of parts. Coming year only the Schwarzkopf Monster and Monorail will remain.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Is Kleine Zar a Gerstlauer? I thought it was built by Preston and Barbieri. :)

S

SimonSays99

^ You're right - they have changed the manufacturer :goon:

ukthemeparkfan

Roller Poster

the uk merlin parks come parks are basically a showroom for intamin in fact only parks without one are chessington and legoland

TilenB

Strata Poster

How about Energylandia and Vekoma? They are building their 5th Vekoma coaster in 3 years for the coming season.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Two thirds of all Pax coasters have been built in Russia. Not really supprising.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
Two thirds of all Pax coasters have been built in Russia. Not really supprising.
I wouldn't exactly call anything that's scattered around the whole of Russia concentrated, though ;)

BigBad

Mega Poster

Can't forget all the B&Ms at Great Adventure!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

TilenB said:
Mysterious Sue said:
I wouldn't exactly call anything that's scattered around the whole of Russia concentrated, though ;)

True, but at least it's an 'area' rather than just a park.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Ohio has a monstrous 8 Arrow coasters operating, the entire of Europe only has 5.

S

SimonSays99

^ And we are happy about that fact :mrgreen:

Ireeb

Mega Poster

SimonSays99 said:
German carnivals are still solid on Schwarzkopf and HUSS rides - the biggest are Oktoberfest and Rheinwiese were you can ride both major coasters Alpina-Bahn and Olympia-Looping plus tons of flats from Schwarzkopf (Monster, Absoluter, Orbiter) and HUSS (TopSpin, Enterprise, Magic, Flipper, Booster, BreakDance, BreakDance No.2 large variant, MegaDance, Frisbee).
Correct me if I am wrong - Anton Schwarzkopf was involved with the Olympia Looping, but it was designed by Werner Stengel and built by BHS.

Also: Nigoland - 4 out of 6 coasters are Mack.