What's new

Aquatica

Brookes

Giga Poster
I'm heading off to Florida in about a week and a half, and the only park I don't really know much about is Aquatica. I have been to all the other water parks, but haven't been to Florida since Aquatica was built. I have heard about the signature ride Dolphin Plunge I think it is, and it looks really good. So for people who have been to Aquatica, is it good, what are the best rides and how does it compare to the water parks of Disney such as Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It is loud, garish and tacky compared to the Disney parks. The dolphin slide, whatever it's called, misses the point entirely as when you enter the clear part of the tube you are going too fast to even see the animals around you!

Also, if you're looking for thrill-seeker water slides I highly recommend Wet 'n' Wild. Has some of the best water slides in Orlando. It's not a very pretty place, it's right next to the road and has little or no theming, but has a ton of water rides plus other watery attractions.

The Disney water parks are best for chilling out. Typhoon Lagoon, especially. Both of the parks have their selection of good rides (Humunga Cowabunga and Crush 'n' Gusher at TP, Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher at BB) These parks also have the best theming. TP also has a really nice beach, not to mention the amazing wavepool!

If I'm being honest with you, I don't think Aquatica warrants a whole day, maybe go there in the morning then go to one of the other parks in the evening? It just left me cold after visiting the Disney parks for theming, and after visiting WnW for thrills, it just can't compete.

Sorry if you were looking forward to this btw, I don't want to put a downer on your holiday. It's not complete crap it's just not in the same league as the other parks.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
^Ignore all of that.
Aquatica is fantastic. Honestly. Ive just come back from a fantastic holiday in florida literally about a week ago, and we went aquatica. Its not half as busy as any of the disney waterparks, literally walk on, its not loud and people are very well behaved. The staff are also fantastic, i personally thought it was better than wet n wild. Seriously, go! You will have so much fun. I would recommend going aquatica to anybody, and once you've been, you will realise why, and it definatly needs a day to do.

There is dolphin plunge but you dont really see them as you are going so fast in the flume! Theres a couple of group flumes which are absolutly fantastic, but my personal favourate is taumata racer, where you lie face first. I would also recommend going on Walhalla Wave, HooRoo run, Tassie Twisters and also Wahanu Way. The large wave machine pool is also fantastic.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
elmerfudd said:
^Ignore all of that.

Everyone entitiled to their own opinions :)

I can't really comment as I havn't been to Aquatica but I have been to the two disney waterparks. I have heard that you could do Aquatica in half a day and then maybe go onto another park in the evening.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Maybe I am rating really high! :p, but i found it so much fun. I personally would do a day there, as you dont really want to rush it. We went for 2 weeks, and managed to fit everything in perfectly, and that was with a full day spent at aquatica.

Ben

CF Legend
I haven't been but this hot guy I know said it was complete and utter tosh...

I didn't like Wet 'n' Wild though. It was hideous. Slides on concrete? Ew. It was like a really bad Six Flags park, but... wet.

scotlandrulz

Roller Poster
For once I can be useful :lol:

I went to Aquatica in it's opening year last year in around June. The park was very busy, with queue's reaching 30 monutes at times, although considering this was in opening year, it's acceptable.

I'll break this down for ya:

Slides

The slides in aquatica can be alot of fun.

The Taumata Racer slide's are sensational, I was scared the first time and that rarely happens with me. It feels so unsafe, yet it is so fun!

HooRoo Run and Walhalla Wave I found were OK. The one that goes straight is best, it goes flying down!

Dolphin Plunge for me was nothing special. I never saw the dolphin's when on the slide and that was with me slowing myself down! Your best looking at them from above/underneath.

Wahanu Way was for me the best part of the park. There are 4 slides, two identical but in opposite directions. They are fast paced with great finales, and there are many surprises along the way!

The Rapids in Aquatica are extremely powerful, a good tip is to grab a life-jacket and allow your body to just float, good times!

Tassie Twisters is your typical Bowl slides, however they are good fun!

Food

The dining in Aquatica is surprisingly good. you can pay $20 for a wristband for the Banana Beach Cookout, and this gives you unlimited access to the buffet. The drinks are self service, so it would be a good idea even if your not going for the food to get one person to get it so they can bring the drinks out. However they will not let you take food out, but the drinks are important!

Staff

The staff at Aquatica are very friendly and helpful, the lifeguards are all over the place, and security is thorough but not too thorough. However, be aware that if you try to take a two litre bottle in they will not allow it, fortunately for my family we had cups with us so we just poured it into all the cups :lol:

Hope I helped out :--D Over and out.