What's new

Antinos' Dev Topic [NL]

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Got back from the Live and got my computer back up and running. The layout is done and I'm working on smoothing out the ride. Track colors are final:

Neptune-120621181441000.jpg

Comments are appreciated.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I think the layout is fab. Something that hasnt been done yet. A fresh breath of air when it comes to Beemers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I loved the layout on this. It was like a new age Hydra, but better! (Not that I have ridden Hydra, but it seems to get bad reviews)

There were a couple of pumps and jerks at the top of the cobra roll but on the whole the track work was ace. I sort of felt like it needed a MCBR to break up the elements a bit, but that would lose the 'out of control' pacing that I really liked.

A solid 8.5/10.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good coaster! I liked the layout, it reminded my of Hydra/Daemonen with the twists and turns etc and I thought all the little connecting bits of track (ie. between inversions) were really nice. The trackwork was pretty good, with the only jerk/pump being on the exit of the first half-loop on the Cobra Roll.

I think I disagree with Arly about the need for an MCBR, I liked how it flowed and it was only small so probably wouldn't need one, provided it could be dispatched efficiently. :p

Good work mate! 8.5/10

Jer

Strata Poster
What a fantastic floorless. The layout had a wonderful flow to it, while still having that B&M feel without it being just inversion after inversion. I did find some bumps on the corkscrew, but those are hard to avoid so I wont really be too critical. Great job though.

8/10

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Thanks again for the feedback.

A couple of boring days and I'm already onto another project. Hopefully this one will impress as much as I hope:

Tron-TheRide-120705192713000.jpg

There's going to be a bit of reprofiling to squeeze the rest of the ride in there.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The feature element of this ride is a dueling loop. It's two parallel, interlocking loops that are entered from opposite directions. Riders encounter a near miss not only at the top of the loops, but at the bottom as well:

Tron-TheRide-120711010752000.jpg

There are many more dueling points on the ride, and it may or may not be themed to light cycles.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Oh my days. HOW has this not been done before!? If you could get an environment like the grid, that would be incredible! You wouldn't even need to support it ;)

Error

Strata Poster
^You are at the right tree my friend.

So far I like what I see. You definately took it up to the next level!

Sent while out and about

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ashley: I can easily make a teratexture that looks like the Grid, but creating an environment is a different story. I could just use the starry night environment, but it's very dark. Same goes for the space environment. Everything in the Grid glows, so if I could figure out how to fix environments or have somebody that could make me one which has a normal light level, but a sky that looks like the Grid, that would be fantastic.

Jer: Glad I could surprise you.

Ethan: Precisely.

Joe: Thanks. I'm sure you'll like the rest of the layout.

I've smoothed out a lot of the ride and fixed some banking issues, but I'm going to make another run over the entire track one more time. I fixed the block brakes so the trains launch at the same time 100% and I also fixed the colors. The blue is more blue and the orange is more yellow - it looks MUCH better. I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep the supports white or paint them black. If anybody knows how to edit environments and would like to help me out or show me how to do so, that would be fantastic. More screenshots soon.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've made great strides and the ride is almost done! I have a few more supports to add and I'm going to try out a cartexture or two, but if all goes well, I should release it tomorrow. I don't want to give it all away, but here's a nice teaser of the helix finale:

Tron-TheRide-120715212614000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking pretty nice! I can't wait to ride this! :lol: