What's new

Another shuttle loop bites the dust.

A

Anonymous

The Shuttle loop at Toshimaen have been removed :cry: :cry:
It have been mostly SBNO for several years now, so it isn't a big surprise that they have removed it. It's just a shame that another one is gone in such a short time, especially since this one and Turbine had full/semi enclosed loops.

Source: TPR

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
A shame, but no shock. I'm just surprised they let it stand there for as long as they did without removing it earlier. Hopefully, they'll bring something new in now. If any park is in desperate need of something new, it's Toshimaen.

A

Anonymous

^ They have opened a kiddy coaster earlier this year, nothing special but at least something new. We can only hope that they decide to add something where the shuttle loop used to be.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If I remember correctly, it was at the very edge of the park, right? Not sure what kind of space was available behind it, but if they only have the area where the shuttle loop was, there's not a great deal they could do with it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Toshi's shuttle loop was towards the back of the park, but only the spike at the loop end actually was at the side/edge of the park. It was behind the Calypso right by a side gate. (The loopscrew and some kiddy are behind it's position.)

The idea of building something new in its place is tricky for a couple reasons. First, the footprint is long and skinny, (obviously) and second, the station was built on top of an arcade building.

Toshi is really odd in that respect, many of it's rides are set on top of buildings. The Blauer Enzian is on a gift shop, the giant pirate ships are on top of the 3D theater, etc.

While it's always sad to lose a Schwarzkopf, I found Turbine, with it's fully enclosed loop to be far more disorienting.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I suspected this was doomed for a while, I don't think it's opened in quite a few years now.

Probably more expensive to maintain than the park could warrant to spend on it.