What's new

Amusement Parks that leave you feeling dissappointed

bentcookie

Mega Poster
While I am newer to traveling, I have been to enough parks to know which ones leave me feeling like there should have been something more. Of the parks I have been to, I really feel like Carowinds was just bad. There line-up does not seem weak when you're not there, but once I got through the gates I was just like blahh.
What parks leave you feeling dissappointed?

Snoo

The Legend
I mean, there wasn't hype, but I'd agree about Carowinds. I thought it would be pretty good.. but came out like.. Top Gun.. you're sexy but everything else sucked a big one. I don't even think we rode anything outside of Top Gun and Intrimidator more then once. Top Gun is legit tho.. one of my favorite inverts.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
I agree with you on Top Gun, it was very intense. I was kind of dissappointed with Intimidator, it must have just been having a bad day, I dont know haha...btw, your avatar is kick ass Snoo. I'm a huge bucks fan

Smithy

Strata Poster
Not really much of a surprise, but Blackpool.

Although to be fair, my first visit there when I was much younger was fine, my most recent visit also co-incided with a short visit to some other ''attractions'' at a **** time of year for it, so my overall opinion is skewed somewhat. With regards to the park itself, I have few faults with the operations whilst I was there (partly due to it being ridiculously quiet) but the quality and roughness of the bulk of the rides was a let-down in a sense (I knew what to expect, and that I didn't have to queue bumped the ride count up which probably contributed) but it's probably the best I can recall.

Snoo

The Legend
bentcookie said:
I agree with you on Top Gun, it was very intense. I was kind of dissappointed with Intimidator, it must have just been having a bad day, I dont know haha...btw, your avatar is kick ass Snoo. I'm a huge bucks fan

My man. We have a growing Ohio contingent around here. I actually live about 15 minutes from Ohio Stadium and Hyde244 goes to OSU. Welcome to the club. :)

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Snoo said:
bentcookie said:

My man. We have a growing Ohio contingent around here. I actually live about 15 minutes from Ohio Stadium and Hyde244 goes to OSU. Welcome to the club. :)

Thanks man, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only Ohioan around here! :D Bucks games are insane

BBH

Giga Poster
Haven't been to a park that's disappointed me yet for two reasons:
a) Haven't been to very many parks to begin with
b) I kind of know what to expect.

You set your expectations too high, like SO many people do for places like CP, and I think you'll be let down a bit. There are great parks, and then parks that market themselves as great. And the difference is crucial. It's like going to Gulliver's Warrington and expecting a friggin' X2 clone sometimes.

Snoo

The Legend
I think it would be more enthusiast build up as well. If a lot of people love the park, it can still fail to deliver based on personal feelings. Disney definitely comes to mind with that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Eh, not really.

If I have heard that a park is going to not be good, I just set my bar of expectations low, and am pleasantly surprised if nothing catches on fire while I am there!

And yeah, O-H. I'm particularly jealous of you bentcookie, you are closer to Hot Dog Shoppe in Warren than I am. Skyline is good, but Hot Dog Shoppe is better.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
ECG said:
Knott's Berry Farm - 'nuff said. :(
Ugh, agreed... although I didn't have any expectations for it!

Parks that left me disappointed
Holiday World (blow me)
Six Flags St. Louis
Michigan's Adventure
And parks that I loved but on revisits disappointed me......
Hersheypark!
Rye Playland

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I know that they have free parking, pop, and sunscreen. But I didn't know they gave that away free too!!

Mike

Giga Poster
Indiana Beach.

After watching TPR's video segment about this park a few years ago, including a few of my own friends having a great time in the park, I was so looking forward to visiting a park that looked like it would have an incredible atmosphere and a few really unique rides.

Oh how wrong could I get.

The atmosphere is awful, and all of the employees and locals just felt like massive twattish snobs looking down on you (especially the people who think they're special because they're on some private boat on the lake). The rides are a load of mediocre crap with no special feel about any of them.

The worst thing, by far, though, is the park's drinking water. Taken straight from the lake and with the foulest rust taste I've ever had; absolutely disgusting.

A park which promised so much, delivered so little, and had me back on the bus long before it was actually time to leave.

bmac

Giga Poster
When did you go to Indiana Beach? I have been hearing nothing but crap about that park since the decade turned, so I'm kind of surprised that people looked forward to it in these last few years.

Snoo

The Legend
Cornball Express was heaven. You shut your mouth. :p

The park has gone down hill over the last few years tho.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Yeah, but Mike went years ago. Though I disagree with him (and Gavin) on the coasters & the park overall, he is right about the employees. And I don't have a clue about the water since I never drank any while there.

CanobieFan said:
ECG said:
Knott's Berry Farm - 'nuff said. :(
Ugh, agreed... although I didn't have any expectations for it!
I did expect more from an Applause Award winning park & I hadn't been a CF member for that long before my first visit to the park, so I hadn't really read or heard anything negative about it.
I just thought it would be much better given that the park is so well known (I had heard of it long before becoming an enthusiast) & the other Applause Award winners (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Europa Park, Efteling, Cedar Point, Hersheypark, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Silver Dollar City, Holiday World, Dollywood, Universal Studios Florida & Islands of Adventure). I mean how can Knott's even be considered to be in the same category as those parks? :?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Nothing I've been to yet has really left be disappointed in that it failed to live up to the expectations I had for it. While I'd agree with pretty much all of what's been said in here earlier about Carowinds, I wouldn't say I was disappointed by it, since my one visit there was hardly more than a credit grab on my way from South Carolina to Virginia. I expected to walk in, ride some coasters while not giving a rat's ass about anything else, and walk out.. and that's precisely what happened! :)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
While not necessarily disappointing SF great adventure was a let down. I enjoyed what I rode but I was expecting more. I blame all the hype surrounding the park from enthusiasts

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Say what you want about Carowinds, but I went on the park's opening day & returned once a year or so for the next decade. I got to see the park develop during those years & then didn't return until 2008, after which I've made multiple trips there annually. The park will always have a special place in my heart & I find it quite remarkable how much it has improved year in & year out.