What's new

American Adventures: 1980 construction

DropZone99

Mega Poster
^Thank you, I'll try!

---------------
April 24, 1978
Welcome to our third season, and for sure our best one yet! Not only did we build a brand new steel coaster, but we improved the park's landscaping, added more benches and trash cans, built a whole new area with a restroom, carousal, and a huge restaurant! American Adventures has expanded over 3 acres with the expansion!

2egb76a.jpg

ohmot1.jpg

When you arrive at American Adventures, the first thing you will notice is that we have improved our entrance by adding turnstiles, new benches, and trashcans.

Where the petting zoo was in 1977 is now a beautiful midway filled with landscaping. The path curves it's way to a pilgrim village. The first thing you will notice is a carousal with a straw roof. This carousal is actually a historic landmark and was saved from a park that is now closed. On the left side of the village is a unique restroom that resembles a classic church. On the other side of the village is the second largest restaurant in the park, that serves Thanksgiving style food, and has water front seating.

15g8sjb.jpg

noykpu.jpg

6yecfn.jpg

15wxpjt.jpg

apiscm.jpg

The main attraction lurks in the backwoods though! The Great Western Expedition, a 55' mine train steel coaster built by Arrow Dynamics makes it's way through this rugged landscape. It features two lift hills, the first one 40' tall, the second 55' tall. The top speed is 30mph. and the rides comes extremely close to a rushing waterfall! The Expedition (for short) won't disappoint!

2u637gw.jpg

2udvm0k.jpg

American Adventures Amusement Park is currently open weekends, but will open daily Memorial Day weekend! Season passes are also on sale, so get yours today and enjoy unlimited visits to American Adventures and ride The Great Expedition, and your favorites such as Cannonball and Double Loop, all season long!

More soon!

DropZone99

Mega Poster
------------------
Well it's now summer and we are in our every-day-schedule! Attendance has risen dramatically and it is now our busiest season yet!

27xjoqq.jpg

American Adventures & Mooresville Railroad has gained ridership this season due to the unique view of The Great Western Expedition!

10cum1j.jpg

Speaking of Great Expedition, it's becoming very popular!

ea32i1.jpg

Actually the entire new area is popular!

qwyamp.jpg

Overall, all of American Adventures has became busier.

DropZone99

Mega Poster
----------------
September 1978-

We are very close to ending our third season and many guests are wandering what we will be getting for 1979. I can't say too much, but I will say that it will be another family attraction, but not as expensive as 1978's additions!

5yxa1f.jpg

Lastly, Barnstormer closed early for winter rehab. Sadly Barnstormer has suffered significant downtime the past year, but it will be returning for 1979!

2h7kiae.jpg

Mooresville & American Adventures Railroad has became even more popular because guests are wanting to see what is going on behind our kid's area.

nfl27c.jpg

It does look like something is infact going on back there... Hmmm, I guess you will just have to wait til' Halloween to findout! ;)

DropZone99

Mega Poster
---------------
October 31, 1978
American Adventures will expand the park's great collection of rides in 1979 with the addition of it's scariest ride yet! Back far in the woods of American Adventures lies the spookiest house in town, some say anyone who goes near it dies, others say the house is run by ghosts! Which ever is true, Hanna Haunted Manor is guaranteed to scare you!

10p2i5t.jpg

American Adventures opens for weekend operation April 7th. We begin day operation on May 28th. and close for the season on October 7th.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Oooh, creepy! This park looks really nice and this addition looks to be a good one. I can't tell whether or not it's the ingame haunted house or your own.

Show us more!! :p

DropZone99

Mega Poster
^Haha thanks!
^^It's a custom one I built, thanks!
^^^Yep!

----------------
Mk well first of all, when I load up American Adventures the game plays fine and doesn't crash, but when I take photos with the anti-alisining thingy on level 4 and take photos, they never show up on my photos. So I have to have them on level 3. I took 7 photos, but only 4 would show up.

-----------------
It's 1979 and American Adventures just opened it's brand new dark ride; Hanna Haunted Manor. Hanna Haunted Manor is a unique dark ride on a track, the ride takes guests on a journey through a huge haunted mansion and introduces them to ghosts and other scary ghouls. Hanna Haunted Manor is one of many great rides and attractions American Adventures has to offer. You will find Hanna Haunted Manor in Jolly's Circus behind the Great Trapeze Coaster.

2dl6xs8.jpg

In the colorful and joyful Jolly's Circus you can see a dominant Mansion loom over the area, it's a little secluded from the rest of the area but still does tower over everything
5d7acg.jpg

Even before you walk into the ride's queue, the atmosphere changes to a mysterious creepy scene
azccc8.jpg

As you walk close to the manor, you can feel the area getting more and more 'dead'
fx76ad.jpg

On busier days we will open the porch extended queue line

That is all for now, but next update we will take you INSIDE the mansion...

DropZone99

Mega Poster
---------------
This update doesn't have a storyline, just a few photos. Sorry, but I'm kinda busy. Had finals today, and more tomorrow! But Thursday is my first day of summer, so expect more updates.

riggnr.jpg

^Some of the indoor queue line
28w2bdx.jpg

^Aerial photo of the ride and surrounding area
2pt3vkj.jpg

^Here is the ride's exit

More soon!

DropZone99

Mega Poster
------------------
A few days ago American Adventures and a few other companies had to take a small plane up in the air to take some photos of the park from above. The reason for this is because we are building something new for 1980 and we have to see what the construction site will look like. And seeing it from air provides some views you can't get anywhere else.

35nd27q.jpg

ta3m2s.jpg

Any guesses on what we are building?

A

Anonymous

Wow! This thread is pure eye candy! I can only wish I had this much patience with RCT to be able to sit down and make something half as good! Really enjoyed looking through this