What's new

American Adventure

yinyang

Mega Poster
If this already exsists by all means get rid of it and re direct me to the topic as I'm sure it's probably been brought up in the last couple of years. But does anyone know what's happening with the land yet? I keep hearing rumours etc for all kinds of things going into the quarry time site of land.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
From what I've heard it's now owned by Derbyshire County Council and they're still discussing what do do with it. They've been talking about turning it into parkland or leasing the land out to someone else.

yinyang

Mega Poster
Wouldn't it be great if merlin decided to buy the land (if it was for sale) and do something with it. It's quite a nice location for a park.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
yinyang said:
Wouldn't it be great if merlin decided to buy the land (if it was for sale) and do something with it. It's quite a nice location for a park.

It's too close to Alton Towers and I doubt Merlin would want to create competition for their own parks.

yinyang

Mega Poster
I dunno, i mean Chessington is just down the M25 from thorpe park and legoland isn't too far away from those two either. I believe family based rides killed it when they stopped aiming at thrill seekers.

Jools

Giga Poster
yinyang said:
I dunno, i mean Chessington is just down the M25 from thorpe park and legoland isn't too far away from those two either. I believe family based rides killed it when they stopped aiming at thrill seekers.

And Thorpe Park, but you have to remember there is a higher potential market in London than Derbyshire.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
yinyang said:

But Chesssington is aimed at families and Thorpe is aimed at thrillseekers. Alton is aimed at both, and theres Drayton Manor down the road too which is rising in popularity too (50% rise in attendance since Thomas Land opened).

A

Anonymous

I was not aware that Thorpe Park has a higher potential market in London than Derbyshire. I thought it will not have any differences.It was a great help done by you.