What's new

Alton Towers trip 20/6/13

sparky2u

Mega Poster
I collected the Sun newspaper's free tickets coupons & got the 20th June, since we did not have to pay for the entrance I bought a "Fast track Silver" & waterpark tickets online, As the drive is 3 hours from Alton Towers
(I live in North Hampshire) we drove to Bescot to stay overnight in a hotel on Wed evening. Got to the park about 9.30am collected the tickets & bought a "Smiler" fast track ticket for £6.

Most people headed for Smiler but we headed for "Air", the coaster opened at 10am, all went fine until we headed into the right side of the station where the train stopped 1/2 in and 1/2 out, the coaster got closed down & the staff took 20 mins to release everyone from the OHR by hand, everyone on the train was given a "Priority Pass".

We headed towards "Rita" and used the "Silver" fast track, the Q took 10 mins (60 mins normal wait) before our turn, nice and fast with airtime on the hills, but "Rita" is feeling slightly rough on certain parts of the track.

By this time we needed to get to the Smiler as the fast track ticket time was due, feeling very smug we passed the 150 mins Q and within 5 mins we were sitting on the coaster train. I won't go into any details, but I enjoyed the "Smiler", lovely views as the train crests the lift hills, the pace of the train was quick so no slowing down on the inversions, if the track as smoother & less virbations it would be an amazing coaster, the station, music, layout, staff clothes etc worked very well.

Next up we saw Ice Age 4D and relaxed in a boat around Charlie & the Choc factory, "13" was next & "fast tracked" that since the Q was 60 mins, I've never been on this coaster and loved how smooth it was, shame there was no airtime on the hills (sat in the 3rd row), the drop was good and great backward tunnel.

"Sonic" was next up, love these types of coasters, wish there was a 120ft high and 3,000ft version, Saw the fish in the Sealife area & rode the "Mine Train" on the way to "Duel", managed to get 2100 points, for our final Fast tracks we did "Nenesis Sub-Terra", "Nemesis" and ended with "Air", all 5 mins wait which is good.

We finished the day off at the Splashlanding Waterpark (the Jacuzzi was lovely at 37c) for 1.5 hours before heading home. All in all it was a lovely day, hardly any waiting around and would recommend buying a fast track if you can get the entrance for free or discounted.

A few pic's of our day out:

Lovely to see "Corkie" at the front of the park:

Mike

Giga Poster
Sounds like you had a good day, but hour+ queues on a Thursday during school time seems insane!

Also, why do you put quotation marks around ride names? :?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I found the same thing when I went, Mike. If Smiler has a 2hr queue all day on a Thursday in term time, I do not want to see it in the height of the summer. Everything else had 45min-1hr queues.

Stealthyrose

Roller Poster
I went this past Monday and the Q times were Mental. we managed to fast track a few rides but we didn't manage to get on much. Also, you said the Smiler fast tracks were £6? They were advertised as £8 when we went :O