What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

Nemesis of oblivion said:
I don't think the ropers live in the house as much as they used to now.

Let's hope so.

Them being bitchy neighbors is a story I'm tired of reading.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I actually like Watchdog, because they are good at making companies **** bricks.

I'm not sure Merlin deserve to **** bricks, but it the repercussions might make them realise (if they already haven't) that they really need to take better precautions in the future and step up their game all round, because they just do not behave like "the second greatest entertainments company in the world" or whatever... This season has been really rather ridiculous and none of it is new, it's just on the extreme side.

Smithy

Strata Poster

I'd like Watchdog more if it was more Rogue Traders and less Anne **** Robinson and that annoying Adrian-Chiles-For-The-Middle-Classes-Chris-Something-Or-Other.

Hopefully they use tonight to announce it'll be opening tomorrow. Can't wait for the speculative fall-out where every other word is analysed by a few forums to justify their previous claims about a delay.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Rofl.

Or they could just provide a brief summary of what happened. That'll work too I guess.

Nic

Strata Poster

No. Not even slightly.

The argument with the rogue trader about a loose cable in a telly, however...

Smithy

Strata Poster

Joey said:
Is it worth watching on iPlayer?

Basically a 30 second summary of what's happened. Time-lapse of construction whilst he described the ride, announced it wouldn't be opening on the 23rd 24 hours before, broke down on media day, Jessica Wright was one of the celebrities that was disappointed, slip of the tongue that ''thousa...dozens got stranded'' on the ride and that was it.

And be fair Nic, how was the television engineer meant to know there was a problem with the TV? :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Lmao. Wow. So, did it look like a slaughtering for Alton or not so much?

I hear rumours of an opening tomorrow? Convenient timing.

marc

CF Legend

Waited 47 mins for about a min. Was nothing we did not know and he got his words wrong.

The bit in the advert though of the station lights is confusing me as all on ride shots show day light coming in.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

owenrita121 said:
Well I'm never getting that hour back...

haha I feel for you buddy. I recorded it not thinking it'd be on until the end anyway (and because BGT was on), pointless. OUTRAGE at the watchdog bit too!

When will this hell end?? XD

Smithy

Strata Poster

Did you really type out "xCENSOREDx ing" instead of just typing ****? Lol

Wonder if they'll just force it open (as in themeing work on the ground not fully complete rather than it not being safe) at some point tomorrow given all the signage was changed to ''Coming May''.

Edit: I'm not cracking up, Jordanovichy edited his post :(

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Just to fill in the non-UK-ers here... What is "Watchdog"?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

Pokemaniac said:
Just to fill in the non-UK-ers here... What is "Watchdog"?

Consumer programme which airs on BBC in the UK that handles cases about customers being **** over by companies.

I doubt The Smiler will open tomorrow, but I'd love to be proved otherwise. I can see it opening in the coming days though if not tomorrow.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Smithy said:
Did you really type out "xCENSOREDx ing" instead of just typing ****? Lol

Edit: I'm not cracking up, Jordanovichy edited his post :(

How quick are you ;) and I never realised it actually censored the **** words ;)

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

It's now on YouTube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEM2jnOj8G4[/youtube]
Now what was the whole point of that, I am so glad I never actually watched the episode now.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Dangling in the air? They were on the lift hill near the bottom. And he messed his words with "thousand" and "dozen". To be honest, Towers have compensated their guests, the ride will open as soon as tomorrow and shall bring in millions to enjoy it. All it did was get my family talking about how epic it looks and they're not enthusiasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.