Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

BBH said:
Ethan said:
^ Ejector seats, that's what.
Ejector isn't good in this situation, folks, in case there was any confusion.

Haha, it's almost as if I was being sarcastic... :roll:

sparky2u

Mega Poster

Kebab said:
The whole 'spider' concept art, really reminds me of Nemesis' alien. I can see the track merely missing the legs of it, giving some fabulous near-miss moments!

I hope this had made it into the final plans, i've heard the opening date may have been moved to May..? Has AT confirmed this as its not on their website, I'll wait till later in the year to visit the park if "Smiler" is not open in March.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Ethan said:
BBH said:
Ethan said:
^ Ejector seats, that's what.
Ejector isn't good in this situation, folks, in case there was any confusion.

Haha, it's almost as if I was being sarcastic... :roll:

You mean you didn't mean this:

ejection-seat-af-acesii.jpg

would be a good idea? :roll:

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster

I don't know why Jordan, but that really made me laugh. Oh my goodness, some of the things in this topic man.

nadroJ

CF Legend

People are so DENSE it irritates me. God forbid somebody make a joke. THIS IS A SERIOUS TOPIC GUYS KEEP ON TRACK.

Lofty

CF Legend

nadroJ said:
People are so DENSE it irritates me. God forbid somebody make a joke. THIS IS A SERIOUS TOPIC GUYS KEEP ON TRACK.
Hahahahah. It's so ridiculous.

Kebab said:
The whole 'spider' concept art, really reminds me of Nemesis' alien. I can see the track merely missing the legs of it, giving some fabulous near-miss moments!
Well, it looks like it, it's on the official promotional image and it's kind of a key feature on that. I know that's not like 100% confirmation, but it's one of the main theming elements of the ride.
pic-keyvisual-02.jpg

Crazycoaster said:
Lofty said:
Absolutely no way will this have an inverted launch, that's a ridiculous rumour. What'd happen in a breakdown scenario.......

I assume the same thing that would happen with Gforce at Drayton..

.. Not saying that it would happen though, an inverted launch would be vile. Plus this ride has no room for a launch
Yeah, but the biggest difference is the fact that GForce's track is simply the inverting lift, whereas this would have to be a sort of inline, or the washing machine element, leading to an inverted piece of track, or it'd be a launch of 1m, that was my point :). It's just not going to happen ha.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Just noticed those dangling wires from the spider thing in that art. I hope they are on the real thing, swaying in the wind. Details like that can really transform static theming.

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Spider reminds me of the sculpture in the JCB factory just down the road from Alton

Gazza

Giga Poster

Someone from Merlin totes saw that and imitated.

nadroJ

CF Legend

iblamefish said:
Spider reminds me of the sculpture in the JCB factory just down the road from Alton

Oh my god YES! Always drive past that thing, makes me think the JCB plant is a villain's lair or something haha XD

Seriously though, too similar.

Ethan

Strata Poster

nadroJ said:
You mean you didn't mean this:

ejection-seat-af-acesii.jpg

would be a good idea? :roll:

I wasn't sure if he realised the sarcasm.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Judging from his reply, I'd say he missed that.

Lottie.

Mega Poster

iblamefish said:

First time I drove past that, I was thinking 'wtf was that?!' :p So now we might have the 'inspiration' for the spider. Interesting choice Merlin ;)

scw55

Hyper Poster

That specific sculpture looks more like something that would be in the Forbidden Valley. A surveillance structure built from the debris from the Nemesis Event.

Cos you know, Alton Towers was doing renovations and of course released some evil from it.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I have to drive past that to get to the Towers, and it always catches my eye!

Nick P

Mega Poster

How did this guy know that claw like structure would be used as scenery, if this video was uploaded in April of 2012? Must of leaked very early?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liu91c_r9dU[/youtube]

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

Nick P said:
How did this guy know that claw like structure would be used as scenery, if this video was uploaded in April of 2012? Must of leaked very early?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liu91c_r9dU[/youtube]

It was on the plans so he incorporated it into the NoLimits recreation and followed the plans as best he could.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^Yes, but what Nick P's saying is that the spider themeing was relesed after the video was uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.