What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Sandman

Giga Poster
That red water could easily be colour correction in post editing.

I'd bloody (no pun intended) love the return of the blood waterfalls. Just don't want anybody to potentially be disappointed! What's that song by TLC again? Don't go chasing (blood) waterfalls

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That red water could easily be colour correction in post editing.

I'd bloody (no pun intended) love the return of the blood waterfalls. Just don't want anybody to potentially be disappointed! What's that song by TLC again? Don't go chasing (blood) waterfalls
Yep, that was something I'd spotted after the conversation here, it does look like the whole video may have had a reddish Lut applied.

But I still want to believe...

emoo

Hyper Poster
I want to believe but my disappointment has been prepared, allocated and sigh set aside ready for a while. This last minute tease has put that organised mind set into a shambles 🤣. It will be a f**k yeah moment if I see 'blood' flowing for myself.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I also thought that the lift is faster now from other testing videos I've seen. Also, the lift is now programmed to slow down mid-way up if the train ahead is still in the circuit to allow for faster dispatches supposedly.
The magnetic brakes been causing dispatch interval issues when trains are empty

Thought they would have done more inside the station, looks exactly the same.

Hopefully the annoying station announcement shouting NEMESIS has gone.
Yeah just looks red even has same airgates which i'm surprised at

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Doesn't look like the waterfalls have been working or are going too, such a shame the photos of the train coming down the first drop with them on were fantastic then again the main queue doesn't go down there anymore so

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
419541907_883077707162423_4682579494436831888_n.jpg

No it's not looking good :/ There's a glimmer of hope in this picture from yesterday's POVs, but it's probably just rain to be honest.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It’s actually quite frustrating that they haven’t bothered to repair the waterfalls.

Forget the new paint, helicopters, new big eye etc.

The waterfalls should have been the first thing on the refurb list.
It just seems like such a missed opportunity…

(warning I think I’ve ranted about this before.) For me at least, as a kid, with no idea what coasters were what, the ‘rivers of blood’ were what sold the ride to me, and made me beg the parents to let us visit late in 1994 instead of going to American Adventure up the road all the time. I would be at school raving about the missile (don’t laugh) and remember my friends saying I had to ride Nemesis at Towers, as it ‘had rivers of blood and everything!’ It was a massive part of the ride back then, and it’ll be such a shame if it’s not bought back.

For me it’s not even the waterfalls that are the most important part, (although I love them and they look amazing.) If they can’t do the coloured waterfalls due to environmental reasons, I would be happy still if they just died the water under the ride red. But sadly it looks like no effort has been made with what is, for me at least, the single most important theming / landscaping piece after the station / monster itself. :( such a shame.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
It just seems like such a missed opportunity…

(warning I think I’ve ranted about this before.) For me at least, as a kid, with no idea what coasters were what, the ‘rivers of blood’ were what sold the ride to me, and made me beg the parents to let us visit late in 1994 instead of going to American Adventure up the road all the time. I would be at school raving about the missile (don’t laugh) and remember my friends saying I had to ride Nemesis at Towers, as it ‘had rivers of blood and everything!’ It was a massive part of the ride back then, and it’ll be such a shame if it’s not bought back.

For me it’s not even the waterfalls that are the most important part, (although I love them and they look amazing.) If they can’t do the coloured waterfalls due to environmental reasons, I would be happy still if they just died the water under the ride red. But sadly it looks like no effort has been made with what is, for me at least, the single most important theming / landscaping piece after the station / monster itself. :( such a shame.
All that was required was a new sett of pumps, in the grand scale of things its almost criminal this wasn't done

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I agree that's how it should be, there are no discernible differences in the layout, and I can't argue that magnetic brakes are enough of a change.
I wont be counting it.