What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Using old vehicles is a bit of a pet peeve of mine with Merlin theming, they have one for almost every attraction. Nemesis already has the bus and the Sub-Terra tank thing. I know they get ripped for the shipping containers but the vehicles are worse imo.

They did go through a huge phase of including them everywhere (Thorpe were a particular culprit), but that trend has died away a bit.

I don't mind the idea of a couple more pieces of theming being scattered around, and vehicles works well, especially with the military lean-in they have pushed with Nemesis and Phalanx. Just as long as there's not too much to clutter area, I think it works.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Does everything have to be black though? Perhaps I'm being picky... but it's the same at Pleasure Beach. They add a bit of grey and then decide that everything should now be grey. Perhaps they have too many tins of paint left over or something?

I'd have liked some additional foot choppers, a blood fountain (since they're restricted from a the blood waterfall) and some relatively small thematic details along them lines. I don't necessarily think they needed to add much more really. A station overhaul was, for me, the most significant objective behind the actual re-track.

At least the helicopter isn't black I suppose...

spicy

Giga Poster
Oh I love the return to the original Nemesis logo!!

61c198d3bd889be3e0ee48ebc5cce159.jpg

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Mega eyeeeeee. Should be:

William Birkin: The Ride

(That would be such a fab crossoverā€¦)

Edit - for anyone that doesnā€™t know what Iā€™m on about, William is from the Resident Evil franchise:

60lSxpb.jpg

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Wow this is so great, I love it! šŸ˜

Do you guys think it will be open for the start of the season? I haven't booked flights yet but I really want to try it this season. šŸ˜Š
I think Nemesis will... But if you have to fly into the UK then best to wait until all of the other creds are open too... Hyperia in particular is likely to be a little later.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Mega eyeeeeee. Should be:

William Birkin: The Ride

(That would be such a fab crossoverā€¦)

Edit - for anyone that doesnā€™t know what Iā€™m on about, William is from the Resident Evil franchise:

60lSxpb.jpg
A Hagrid's based on Raccoon City during that part of the franchise would be absolutely epic.
Lickers and Tyrant in the first section with an exploding effect into a reverse launch.
G versions and dogs in the Police Station in the second section
Nemesis flame thrower finale

giphy.gif

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
A Hagrid's based on Raccoon City during that part of the franchise would be absolutely epic.
Lickers and Tyrant in the first section with an exploding effect into a reverse launch.
G versions and dogs in the Police Station in the second section
Nemesis flame thrower finale

Haha nice.

Iā€™m going super off topic here but I think a really awesome use of IP would be taking a ā€˜Forbidden Journeyā€™ ride system and doing an Attack on Titan adventureā€¦ how awesome would that be!!!

qG3wxOX.gif

Edit - oh my god imagine if Epic Universe actually did thisā€¦ the land could be ā€˜Trostā€™! Oh well itā€™s nice to dreamā€¦

Last edited:

INFERNOismybaby

Roller Poster
These new visuals are everything, Iā€™m damn impressed! Iā€™m so excited for thisā€¦ hearing that theme hit again was something else.

My only question is, Nemesis Inferno, our other nemesis. What will happen to her name and logo? Is it time for a change to just INFERNO. I think so.