What's new

Alton Towers - If SW8 is a GCI, then what will SW9 be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If SW8 is a GCI Woodie, then will Sw9 be a B&M Wing Coaster? Post your thoughts of what SW9 may be below! :--D :--D :--D

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Oh boy, it's a little early to be discussing SW9 when we still don't entirely know much about SW8 :wink:

I just don't think there's enough information to deduce where it will be going, or what make it will be. I guess the proposed Forbidden Valley site will still be open, but we all know the issues of building into the valley. It could be anything, but I doubt Alton have the room for a B&M wing coaster without significant removals.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think it will be a wing coaster, because 3 of 4 major Merlin Parks have one (Heide Park, Gardaland and Thorpe Park) except for Alton towers, so it would make sense if Alton towers gets one in the future. It would probably go in the valley, and have a regular drop (like Raptor at Gardaland) down into the valley, and several inversions. :--D :--D :--D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Something gimmicky, most probably. I have zero idea what it might be. Thinking about it, there's a lot of time between now and when SW9 is even discussed by AT management. Let's see what new ideas and concepts are thrown up at IAAPA this year and next before making a stab in the dark.

Ben

CF Legend
It'll open a decade after Swarm, it ain't gonna be a Wing coaster.

I guess Chessington are getting one too now cause the other parks have one?

I doubt it's going to be something that's even thought of yet.

Dave

CF Legend
ukthemeparkfan said:
a b&m sit down with more inversions than the simler

tumblr_mzys8nfrxf1st18yzo1_400.gif

Lol.

Like Ian said a overly-promoted tenuous gimmick which isn't a gimmick.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
No idea about SW9. But if you like forward thinking, I hear SW17 is going to be the world's first racquet coaster, sponsored by Wimbledon.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Dave said:
ukthemeparkfan said:
a b&m sit down with more inversions than the simler

tumblr_mzys8nfrxf1st18yzo1_400.gif

Lol.

Like Ian said a overly-promoted tenuous gimmick which isn't a gimmick.

Oh come on we all know it's going to be a B&M Stand Up with more inversions than the smiler :wink:

Jeez, imagine how... brutal that would be *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.