What's new

Alton Towers Fireworks Trip Report - 7/11/15

NemesisRider

Roller Poster
Fireworks review

I began my day in Forbidden Valley on Air. I was lucky enough to get in a front and back row ride within roughly half an hour, so I was quite pleased. The shop was shut off, so there were no onride photos, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I didn't have my final flight until later on, but I feel I gave Air as we know it a good send-off. Next I went on to Nemesis for one ride, and it was as good as normal. We got a beautiful view with the light reflecting off the wet track too, so that was a bonus. We hopped onto the Skyride and then got a quick ride on Oblivion before lunch.
I ate in Woodcutters and the queues weren't too long. In Woodcutters I met up with a few friends and we rode Th13teen and then the Twirling Toadstool. We went to Forbidden Valley for rides on Nemesis, Air and then The Blade, which might be leaving the park soon. We then went on to Duel (I got the highest score in our group!) and the Congo River Rapids.

I separated from the group after this ride to get Oblivion done in the dark/dusk and it was very thrilling. It is probably my 3rd favourite ride at night after The Swarm and Air. I grabbed some food before Fireworks, then chose a good viewing spot.

The Fireworks were definitely my favourite so far. The Enterprise was utilised well and the live actors were a nice touch. There was a good mix of music and it really cannot be summed up in words. I have taken lots of pictures though. The music was very good, and the musical highlight was the orchestral Hex theme. I do love Hex, it's an epic dark ride, so hearing it's theme remastered was pleasing to my inner fanboy ;) The finale was awesome, and the lasers were probably the star this year.

After the Fireworks I took my final flight on Air. It was on the back row and in darkness, so it was about as good as it gets. Next was Nemesis then I finally rode The Congo River Rapids as my last ride of the season. It was a great day and one of the highlights of my season.

2wnd6ci.jpg

11tlvz7.jpg

xbwpsh.jpg

I got in 3 rides on Nemesis, including one at night.

2igc3ki.jpg

A picture of Rita, taken from the Th13teen queue.

3134nsp.jpg

Don't look down...

ehj4u9.jpg

mc4qyd.jpg

Goodbye Air!

16j4yt4.jpg

js11jl.jpg

16aobbl.jpg

33xya0k.jpg

Some of my pictures of the Fireworks.