What's new

alton towers annual pass questions

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
I have Tesco clubcard merlin annual pass vouchers and an going to alton towers this weekend. Where do I exchange my vouchers and what time does the annual pass office open

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You exchange it at the normal ticket gates. I think the AP office opens with the park at 9:00 a.m.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's open an hour earlier for AP holders for ERT ;)

In previous years they're let everyone in at 9:00 and held back none AP and web ticket holders at the bottom of Towers Street. I don't know if this is still the case this year, but as you'll have an AP, you can get in early :)

walker1104

Mega Poster
The AP office opens at 9:00 I believe. Well, it's definitely before 10:00 anyway because I started my annual pass on opening day at around 9:15.

The park does open at 10:00, but you're allowed through the turnstyles onto Towers Street from 9:00. They just hold everyone back who doesn't qualify for ERT at the bottom of Towers Street until 10:00.

walker1104

Mega Poster
^ You will still get ERT with a standard pass. The AP office is on your left hand side just as you come through the turnstiles. It's fairly easy to spot, I'm sure you'll see it.

Mike

Giga Poster
If it's still the same as last year, then you exchange the Tesco voucher for a receipt at the windows just to the left before the main gate to the park (possibly called the Sales Office, or something similar), and then you use this to get through the gates and take it into the office directly to the left just as you get in the park.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's different Mike, it's the normal pay tills you use this year, the little kiosk things.

walker1104

Mega Poster
Nic said:
walker1104 said:
You will still get ERT with a standard pass.
At the moment, yeah. *Waits for next year's re-written T&Cs*

Yeah that's true. It genuinley wouldn't suprise me if they removed that privilege to be honest. Or if they announced that standard pass holders no longer got 20% discount.