What's new

Alleged Montu Changes

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
From Screamscape:

"(5/4/16) A reader sent me some good news and some fantastic news after a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa. According to the report it appeared as if the belts on Montu were replaced with new belts, though they report that these new belts are still a bit shorter than the belts that have been used for years. Why the new B&M belts have been shortened is still unknown, but they are better than they were before the rehab. On the fantastic news front, our reader was estatic to report that Montu was running fully unchained during their visit this week. The trim was not trying to slow the train down, and the mid-course brake run was also turned off, essentially turning back the clock and returning Montu back to the way it ran when it was brand new once again. Lets hope they keep it this way, because Montu was arguably one of the best coasters in the world when it first opened, as well as being perhaps the best B&M Inverted coasters ever built."

Obviously the belt thing is probably true but does anyone know anything more about the trim and mcbr thing? Could just be a one off/temporary thing (if it even happened at all).

Anyone know when they put in the trim and started turning on the mcbr?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Bringing the train to a near stop on the MCBR during hot days has been the norm since at least 2008 (the first time I personally experienced it doing such) and the trim before the batwing was in place before that.
Sometimes if you hit Montu first thing in the morning... the trim is less and the MCBR off or nearly off.. As the ride warms up, it gets heavier. Often in the winter here... you can luck out with a MCBRless ride... but more than not.. you get ones where you basically stop.. and then creep around the helix after the second vertical loop... wondering if the train is gonna roll back or not. Half the time I go to BGT, I don't even ride it anymore :/ although I did my last visit about a month ago as I went with someone who had never been to the park before and at that time the trim was on... and the MCBR was fairly used/

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
CanobieFan said:
Bringing the train to a near stop on the MCBR during hot days has been the norm since at least 2008 (the first time I personally experienced it doing such) and the trim before the batwing was in place before that.
Sometimes if you hit Montu first thing in the morning... the trim is less and the MCBR off or nearly off.. As the ride warms up, it gets heavier. Often in the winter here... you can luck out with a MCBRless ride... but more than not.. you get ones where you basically stop.. and then creep around the helix after the second vertical loop... wondering if the train is gonna roll back or not. Half the time I go to BGT, I don't even ride it anymore :/ although I did my last visit about a month ago as I went with someone who had never been to the park before and at that time the trim was on... and the MCBR was fairly used/
Thanks for your detailed reply, thought you might have known more.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk