What's new

All American Flyer (my latest Project)

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
This is a little taste... ok a big taste, of my latest project, All American Flyer.

AMERICANFLYER1.jpg

^^ The entrance

AmericanFlyer2.jpg

^^More entrance

AmericanFlyer3.jpg

^^Look at those curves

AmericanFlyer4.jpg

^^Great camera shot if I do say so myself

AmericanFlyer6.jpg

^^Airtime anyone?

AmericanFlyer7.jpg

^^I love this shot near the river

Movie0227_0001.jpg

^^Thats right, A REALISTIC TRANSFER TRACK & STATION

Shot0132.jpg

^^This is what the station looks like from the inside (this is back when I made the teaser trailed when I had the orange sky in place to hide unfinished parts of the coaster)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Nice! Very "Apollo's Chariot", especially that picture near the river. Looks great! Make sure you build a few wooden buildings within the agriculture to vary out the theme.

Rush

Giga Poster
The area looks very nice and professionally made. The setting of it is very beautiful too against the mountain background. Avoid using the same fencing if possible and I think you need some bushes and flowers to make the undergrowth less bare. Use a variety of trees as well because I can only see one type at the moment.

I have one big criticism and that is the layout. To be blunt, it's boring. All it consists of is hill, hill, hill, hill, turnaround, hill, hill, hill, hill, MCBR, hill, hill, hill, hill, brakes. It's good you're trying to appeal to airtime lovers but all I'd find myself is going up and down in a straight line over and over again. Don't forget too that Apollo's Chariot is the only B&M Mega with a prelift drop so I'd consider changing it if you feel it necessary.

Try and have some variation, put some helixes in, add some double drops and more turns and make sure the MCBR isn't too near the end. I suggest you place your MCBR after the turnaround and maybe have a ground-hugging second half. I see you've clearly put some effort into it with the transfer track and the realism about it but it seems you've put a bit of a half arsed effort with the layout which is a shame because I can see you are clearly not an amateur at the game but you haven't shown some orginality with the actual coaster.

I'd like to see some improvement with the layout as there is so much you can do with it even with the game limits. I recommend having a look at Raging Bull, Apollo's Chariot and Hollywood Dream to see what you can do with it.

I eagerly await the next update.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Rush said:
I have one big criticism and that is the layout. To be blunt, it's boring. All it consists of is hill, hill, hill, hill, turnaround, hill, hill, hill, hill, MCBR, hill, hill, hill, hill, brakes. .

I know the layout is bland (This was the original Layout) I have changed it since these pictures were taken. I have added a few more turns & twists. The only bad thing about changing the layout slightly was that I had to re-support it.