What's new

Airtime

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
What do you think is the best ride for airtime? Best airtime moment?

The best ride for airtime is definately either Toro or Skyrush. I would probably give Skyrush the edge over Toro.

My top three airtime moments:

3. Skyrush's first airtime hill
2. Magnum, the hill right before the last tunnel
1. (call me strange) At the beginning of Manta's pretzel loop

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Best Overall Airtime:

Phoenix

Best Airtime Moments:

Jack Rabbit at Kennywood's Double Down
The top of Skyrush's first lift hill

Most Unexpected Airtime:
Leap the Dip's

ignace

Mega Poster
1) Expedition Geforce
2) Colosos
3) Silver Star

Most unexpected airtime was Troy when I rode it in november. It wasn't my first time i rode Troy, but I didn't remember the random pops of airtime.

Nick P

Mega Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Skeikra first drop!

How is it? Mostly just sweet floater? I feel like it will be much stronger than expected.

Best overall airtime: Skyrush
Best airtime moment: Mavericks ejector hill

Mike

Giga Poster
The best airtime, and the most surprising (as nobody really talked about it at the time), for me has got to be Knoebel's Phoenix. The ride just looks like a old-timely coaster that won't really do a lot, but on every hill and every drop you find yourself coming out the seat, and this sensation is added to by how you've only got buzz bar restraints holding you in so you can never get 'stapled'.

The best airtime moment has probably got to be Cyclops, back seats, at Mount Olympus. It just gives you an insane moment of ejector airtime on that one drop and you almost feel as if you're standing up on it! It's just a shame that the rest of the ride doesn't do anything whatsoever.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
It was a hill on a school bus we always went over and everybody got ejected from their seats and it was awesome. Everbody was like "WHOA!". But anyway I know I need more experience but for roller coasters the first hill on Blue Streak. Unexpected airtime was Blue Streak too.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Skyrush had some ridiculous airtime. Ravine Flyer II is another favorite, various spurts of airtime through its looping layout.

andrus

Giga Poster
1) Skyrush - the first two hills, but the first drop and last copule of hills are of course crazy too!

2) Colossos - the first two hills are pure coaster magic! It's a shame the ride dies efter the turnaround..

3) Phoenix - it's ridiculous to have a ride with that much airtime and practically no restraints! I laughed the whole way around the layout!! :--D