What's new

Air Grover, Zierer Force Custom, Busch Africa

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I visited Busch Gardens on Wednesday, and was surprised to see that Air Grover is already fully built. The train is on the track and it looked like they were doing some clearance testing as well.

The layout is largely similar to the other Zierer kiddie at Busch Europe: tire lift, left drop into an upwards helix, right downwards helix, brakes. Admittedly kind of a crappy layout, but it works for the smallish kids section at Busch. Here's the best shots I could get from the ground:

air_grover.jpg

air_grover2.jpg

Here's a good shot of Busch Europe's coaster for an idea of layout:
http://rcdb.com/4282.htm?p=22988

Brookes

Giga Poster
I never even knew that were getting something new. The colours look a bit weird with Gwazi in the background, but it's something for the kids which Busch are getting a lot of recently, probably to try to get more people over to Busch from Disney.

CMonster

Giga Poster
No way! I was at Busch on Wednsday too and never even noticed! Probably 'cause I didn't get on Sheikra...

Oh well, new credit for '10!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yay another credit for me, cha-ching! I like these Zierer kiddie things too, lots of fun =]

marc

CF Legend
Did not know they were getting a new coaster either, but then again its nothing to brag about really.

Will adults be allowed on it?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Busch usually allows adults without kids to ride the kiddy coasters.

Sadly, I know this because I've ridden all the kiddy coasters at Busch parks.

marc

CF Legend
What if you have no kids with you, like I never do when at the parks.

I did here they were being really fussy at the other park.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Which other park?

I rode all of three of the little Shamu coasters, and the Grover coasters at both Sesame and BGE without even an odd look from the ride ops. Pretty sure that's all of the kiddy coasters at BEC parks.
[shrug]