Aerosmith or led zeppelin???

• Aerosmith

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Led zeppelin

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I agree with you there definately, but when it comes to Guns n Roses vs. Led Zeppelin i still think zeppelin would win that one aswell, as gnr only in my opinion have one good album which is appetite for destruction, whereas every led zeppelin album was good in its own right.

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
Aerosmith, one of the only rock bands I like.

"And she taught me to
Walk this way
And talk this way
She taught me to
walk this way
and talk this way."

Oooh, I love that song!!

It's 'told'

Although Aerosmith Didn't invent hair rock , they did invent Stadium rock.

Read Any Guitar/Music magazine and they will tell you this. Even the buggers like NME admit to that.

Zeppelin are in a leuge or their own , Whilst Aerosmith lead the leuge they're in.

But TBH Gn'R only had one big album...Sure the 'use your illusions' sold well...But no where in that legue.

I think you'll find Aerosmith are a lot strogner as they are still selling out tours in under and hour...after 30 years.

A

Anonymous

But just becuase Aerosmith are still selling out stadiums, that alone isn't enough to make them the best, by that logic bands like 3 chord Status Quo are equally as good.

Oh and btw, GNR had four, yes four, good albums. Five if you count Contraband :p

Just to stir it up a little further, who cares about Led Zep? sure they "invented a genre" but that doesn't mean they were the best in it. Henry Ford invented the production car, but we aren't all driving around Tin Lizzies.

If you compare the music, not the bands, then for my money, Aerosmith are better to listen to, but then that is a subjective opinion.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Clearly it's Led Zeppelin from every angle... Except fun... Aerosmith are brash, in your face, dancefloor filling cock rockers. Led Zepplin are masters of guitar based blues/folk/rock. They set the benchmark that nobody could ever meet again. Once out of their "we're not Black Sabbath, really..." first couple of albums, they were streets ahead of everyone.

From a talent point of view, Jimmy Page has more talent in his plectrum than Joe Perry has even seen in his entire career (and Joe Perry is a damn good guitarist). Add in Robert Plant's fantastic voice, John Paul Jones' bass and production ability and John Bonham's revolutionary drumming and you have possibly one of the most creative musical groups in history.

Unfortunately they're not as accessible as Aerosmith. You need to really listen to the music, and you need to be able to get over the fact that the time signatures and keys used are sometimes a little off the wall. IT also takes a while to understand that RObert Plant isn't a true singer, he uses his voice as an additional instrument, and it has to be listened to like that, or else you just think he's a big haired wailing moron! :lol:

I've been to see Aerosmith live and they were fantastic. Great showmen with some great songs (except anything of Permanent Vacation (except the title track) which is a cheesy, nasty little album).

But, very different music, very hard to compare them and there's room in everyones hearts for both! (depending on if you're feeling jolly or serious) :D

A

Anonymous

RJM - Umm, the Rock N Roller Ive been on (MGM) was themed around a American Highway Route 66 thing, ok Aerosmith are in the story, but its themed around getting to a gig, with roadsigns etc. The shop is themed to a VIP entrance (or is it exit) to a gig, again not something that only happens at Aero gigs. So in a long way Aerosmith basically only really sponsor the ride.

And they probably only got the deal after the success of Armageddon - Aero on soundtrack - a Disney subsidary company made the film and the song probably got them a few extra million here and there. Prob enough for a Vekoma Launch in a building with some flashy lights and a old Aero song that never made it onto an album to be built - Twice.

GNR's Vs Aero is a better arguement, as a spoke to c&r about on MSN. But still, even though GNRs are my favourite band ever to grace my heavenly ears, they - on terms of what they done - arent as good as Zep. All Guns albums were good in there own way, App for Des was the best, its proven (on Channel 4) to be better than any Beatles Album...but my Fav GNRs song aint on that Album - Nov Rain shows how diverse they can be. Only Axl believed it would be a success, and it was - showed how egoistic he was, but how right he was.

And rock on VR I dont care if its like 60% ex GNRs members, they kick ass, and I love them. Seen them 3 times now, and each gig they get better and stronger, they are amazing. Sadly the closest Ill probably ever get to seeing GNRs live. Reuninion guys put it all behind and rock out for one more tour. ANd when the hell will Chinease Democarcy be released. 4 long years have passed and still nothing more than a guestimate about the tracklist.

A

Anonymous

Aerosmith. I really like that band, doesn't my avatar say all!

A

Anonymous

LED ZEPPELIN TO THE END!!

im not saying aerosmith isnt good, just led zep is so much better

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
I totaly Agree with Furie.

Zeppelin were Bringing back the Blues When 'NEw rock' was a t it's fullest.

Although you can't hear this at first you must really get into their music beofre you hear it.

7/15 time signitures feature in a couple of songs written by John-paul jones..one of the most under-estimated guitarists ever.

AS I say , I couldn't agree more with Furie.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
How can Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin be compared? They are both brilliant in different ways.
Areosmith have some great hard rock songs. Led Zepp are one of the all time greats. Their songs are the diffintion of classic rock.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I prefer to listen to Aerosmith. Steve's voice is godly <3 ... but as for skill and musicality I would give it to Zeppelin. John Bonham is a beast and could out drum Joey Krammer anyday. But as AttackHammer said they really can't be compared they are very different and most of Aerosmith's work was inspired but Zeppelin's.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Aerosmith are a good band, but even comparing them to Led Zeppelin makes me wanna puke, da ****?