What's new

Adventure Island go for another record attempt!

Hurri

Mega Poster
Photos:

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Haha! Brilliant, absolutely love it to be honest :) So hungry now... It was a bad day to decide to start dieting ;)

I'm also with Ian, Guinness World Records should be about really achieving something. Ordinary people doing something that makes them extraordinary in some way is much more interesting than simple statistics. Though yeah, some things like "most people in morph suits at a theme park" are a little tedious. However, it's good fun for the people who do take part :)

T0M

Hyper Poster
Great pics, I guess the box was big enough! No wonder chips are so fattening if they're that dense, ha ha!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, cause that's not even THAT many chips, haha. I guess that's like, 400-odd of those 1KG bags of oven chips... Which do last me a while...

omg, chips <3 I bet all the Americans are like, "WTF?"

peep

CF Legend
Ha, good for AI, they deserve all the attention they can get imo and I love how they always raise money for these events.

I too want chips now

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm calling shenanigans.

Has this record actually been officially verified?

Surely to count as a "portion" of chips it has to be cooked and served all at once?

Who couldn't just fry chips for a few hours and dump them into an ever increasing pile of cold grease to claim this record?

Hurri

Mega Poster
Well, it's classed as a 'serving' really... The record has been officially set, Guinness were made aware of the attempt making it official. They will then verify it based on the evidence, photos, videos, the witnesses etc. Same as how the Naked Roller Coaster record and almost all world record attempts are done.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it just me who thinks that isn't a particularly large portion of chips for the world record? I was expecting like a truck-full, not just a small cars worth...

T0M

Hyper Poster
For nearly half a ton I thought the box would have had to been bigger. I accept I was wrong and am not challenging authenticity or anything. I was just basing it on that this weight is around half of a small car!

walker1104

Mega Poster
Hixee said:
Is it just me who thinks that isn't a particularly large portion of chips for the world record? I was expecting like a truck-full, not just a small cars worth...

Nope, I expected the portion to be much larger too...

But still, nice picks Hurri! It shows you how dense chips must actually be.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The record has been officially set, Guinness were made aware of the attempt making it official. They will then verify it based on the evidence, photos, videos, the witnesses etc. Same as how the Naked Roller Coaster record and almost all world record attempts are done.

You sure of that? I could have sworn that a Guiness representative has to be present?

Can they really clarify it as a world record by some photos, and witnesses? I thought things were a lot more official than that.

Hurri

Mega Poster
Nope, you can pay to have a representative but it's ridiculously expensive. Very few world record attempts are actually attended by Guinness.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I was just thinking surely the book doesn't make enough money to have someone at every record. I got mine from Tesco for £5 earlier this year!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jordan, if you read the news article on the home page or the first post in this topic, you'll find the answer <3

In the time it's taken me to type this, I could have told you, but eyes and education are good. Using them together can bring great rewards!