What's new

Adrenalin

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Ok, so I didn't start out with such a great coaster, so I'm gonna give it another shot, I'm part way through building my next roller coaster.

(It's based on the roller coaster I fantasize about building someday in the future. Although the layout after the first 2 elements will be different from what it is now, I just can't think of what to put there now. Also the top hat will be 100ft taller than the next tallest roller-coaster in the world... so if nothing changes, about 560ft...)

Anyway, it's a lap bar style rocket coaster, like TTD, but longer and more awesome. Here's a shot of it so far :

I've tried harder this time, to smoothen out any rough bits, and so far it's, by my standards, pretty good.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... that Norwegian Loop looks like it could need some tweaking, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if it's meant to be circular when taken at such speeds.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^^ That was just the one I dream of building. The top hat on this coaster is about 300ft from the station to the top, and about 360ft from the top to the lowest point of the pull out.

^ Yeah the loop already goes into the 4g's as it is. Besides, one of my (non coasterish) friends commented on the loop saying 'That loop looks like a pretzel' before he he even knew that one name for it was a pretzel loop. So I know I've done it pretty good. XD

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
This coaster looks huge.

Could I just ask though, are they trim brakes you have fitted on the tophat and entry to pretzel loop? Or are they added 'booster' sections?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
There's a trim at the top of the tophat to control the speed so I could get good, but not too intense, airtime as the train crested it, instead of practically stalling as most tophat coasters do; there's a trim just before the pretzel to slow it down a bit more because it's going at a crazy speed still, and there's an MCBR after the pretzel.

The launch is also a brake run because I wanted to make the train roll forward and then stop in the launch as if it was being hooked to the catch.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Ok guys, I've 'finished' the track, although there's a few pumps/roughness that I still need to try sorting out. Here's a couple pictures I took just to give you an idea of what it might look like.

The ground won't be that far down when it's finished, don't worry! Could I let someone (Arly or Ollie or someone else good at NL) download the file now so they can tell me what most needs doing, so the second complete coaster I upload to the site can be a good one?

Cheers!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
For starters the colours could do with being worked on :)

Make the track, rail and spine all one colour. Intamin doesn't offer multicoloured track.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Okay, I think I've sent it to you, although it's still in the outbox. Could anyone help me with some technical problems that I posted in the NL help sticky topic?

EDIT: I doubt anyone's concerned about the lack of news from this topic, but in case you are, I've been busy at school and am also trying to improve my lifestyle by spending less time on the laptop, so construction has really halted indefinitely until I've done a bit more work and got out a bit more. Thanks for the patience.