What's new

addy2503's RCT3 Competition. And the winner is...

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: addy2503's RCT3 Competition. Now Open & Accepting Entrie

Looking good as usual. Much longer and better themed than mine. Intresting and unique idea aswell with the mine theme not on a mine train.

mouse

Giga Poster

As I can't be bothered to make a new coaster, heres one I made earlier. :)

Mountain Winder | A Terrain Woodie

So yeah, enjoy.
All screenshots are in the video, and theres no CS or anything. It was heavily inspired by Boulder Dash.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5DJRh58t0[/youtube]

:)

Josh73

Giga Poster

The video is unavailable. I want to see your work, though.

mouse

Giga Poster

I warn you, it's nothing to get excited about.
And yes, I've only just uploaded it, so give it some time to process.

reddude333

Giga Poster

It's really great to finally see an entry by you, and a pretty good one at that. I'm excited to see how this comp judging turns out. Good luck at both of my fellow entrants :-D

Josh73

Giga Poster

It was very good and had lots of airtime!

addy2503

Mega Poster
addy2503's RCT3 Competition. Now Open & Accepting Entries!

Right, seeing as the three that said they would enter have, I am placing this contest into judging time.
Judges!!! I would like your scores by Saturday the 19th, or Sunday the 20th at the latest, hopefully I will be able to have the results up by Tuesday next week.

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: addy2503's RCT3 Competition. Judging Time!

Ok, I'll PM you the scores after school today. Good luck to everybody!

EDIT: Too busy today, Friday hopefully.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Mouse, To be honest, I didn't like your coaster that much. Too slow at the start and at plenty of other points, lots of unbanked corners that could have easily been banked and the ending took way too long.

Nice idea though. It just wasn't pulled off very well

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ Says the guy whose made a coaster that crashes into about 9 trees!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

^It was better than it origanally was anyway. Originally, Every bottom of a hill hit a tree. You hardly notice it anyway.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I can understand the use of non-banked turns especially with a woodie. This is oftentimes the case (very little or no banking) and the fact that you commented that the coaster was traveling slow actually aids in the idea of having the turns not being banked...but I really don't think I should be defending my competition too much.

Josh73

Giga Poster

^ You have to admit, reddude, your CS did contribute alot to your entry.

CP10, I didn't like how you dissed thekingin64's entry. Not cool, man. Ecpesially beacuse your a judge, and shouldn't favor someone.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^^My CS may have contributed but 1) I believe I made a quality coaster regardless of the CS, 2) I entered on a whim, so I really don't care how well I do (I threw together my entry in one sitting), 3) I could have made the entire cave using in-game rocks I just didn't like the color scheme/texture, 4) Colossus has the right to talk about contestants' coasters as much as he wants because he is a judge and will have to evaluate them at some point anyway

For the record, I'm not saying I don't care about this competition, just that I have my reasons for what I do and this was by no means a priority in my life, just an interesting comp evaluation method (the 3 judge method) that I want to take advantage of.

Josh73

Giga Poster

It just didn't seem like it was something nice to say, and you could have saved a piece of judegement that big until the end. Thkingin64 will judge you I'm sure, and it will hurt your chances of him entering a competiton of yours if you ever choose to make one. It just doesn't seem very friendly to me.

mouse

Giga Poster

Josh73 said:
Thkingin64 will judge you I'm sure, and it will hurt your chances of him entering a competiton of yours if you ever choose to make one.
What? How awful!
Anyway, Thekingin64 gave me some good, constructive criticism, just because he made a mistake means he can't do that? CP10, I know you are not dissing, nor favouring anyone, but comments like that do make it seem that way.
Moving on...

Colossus

Giga Poster

Right time for me to clear this up. That comment wasn't meant in a malicious manor, It wasn't even criticism, I see that it might appear that way, but it was meant in a jovial way. (supposed I should have put a smiley face) If I meant that in a nasty way trust me you would known about it.
Josh73, he has already judged my coaster (before I commented on this) but that`s ok, no biggy, you expect to get judged. I have no intention of starting a competition, in fact iam contemplating giving RCT a long break after mouses competition.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Unfortunate to hear, you have been a formidable adversary throughout