Well?

• Too far

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah that Toro train now looks nasty. I tihnk its ok to do, on a smaller scale, so it doesn't ruin the theme of the ride. Toro is about bulls & grr etc, and now has a rainbow train.... :|

BPB were relatively suttle;

p9327.jpg

p9371.jpg

RCF

Strata Poster
0522001526.jpg

0522001450.jpg

Best pictures I could get without getting in line (each had an hour wait). The Flashback one? Fruity. The Shockwave one? I think it looks pretty damn cool.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I was already dead inside when I saw the Tron Legacy ad-wrap for the monorails. Now they're popping up at Six Flags. I'm sick of being bombarded with **** I don't want to buy and didn't want to in the first place and ad-wrapping my favorite ride in tacky images of the **** makes me want to buy it less. Especially Axe. Axe is just foul smelling and I wish it didn't exist.

**** consumerism. :roll:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Haven't posted for ages and this was first thread I saw :-(
Very troubling.
There's a reason the BBC don't allow product placement!
I just hope this doesn't become the norm for coasters.
There must be other ways to 'encourage investment'.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Ian said:
Although they do ruin the look of the trains, if the sponsorship means more money for the park to invest and it doesn't alter the ride experince, then it doesn't matter imo.

Such sponsorship is becoming common place in the UK now.

There are a few examples of where it has been tastefully done so I'm really indifferent.

The revenue from this isn't going to be significant enough to really make a dent in the bottom line tbh. A few grand is pretty much all you're gonna get.. and in the grand scheme, is chump change, especially to a large chain such as Six Flags.

Actually, when the Bubble Works got sponsored, Chessington got a lump some of 30 grand. Thats just one ride, so it is pretty significant.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
yeah, but the bubbleworks is now completely redesigned and the imperial leather sponsorship is an integral part of the ride. It must have cost a fair bit to redesign all the animatronics up front. I'm sure you wouln't get as much sponsorship for just a transfer, but that's just my guess.

(Can't believe they got rid of the strobes in the Bubbleworks. You used to get this great effect where you could see all the individual beads of water falling. Completely ruined it imo) :roll:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Strobes are still there... Just the effect isn't as good with the walls not being completely covered in mirrors...

30 grand and destroying a beloved classic... Yeah, well done Tussauds :roll:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Think you're right. They do still have the strobes, but I'm sure they're not as good or as long as they used to be - so that makes sense if the mirrors are gone.
Grr