What's new

A new Coaster for Walibi Belgium

A

Anonymous

Canal Z, a french speaking TV, announces a new Roller Coaster, next year, in Walibi Belgium... According to Canal Z, this coaster'd look like to "le Vampire" (An Vekoma's SLC)... We can imagine this new coaster can be an Inverted, Suspended or Flying coaster..

After the New coaster at Parc Asterix, we can say that the CDA finally wakes up...

More news (for french speaking people) on ameworld (sorry, i can't link that)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I would say: finally! It has been since Six Flags came in 2001, the last rollercoaster in Walibi Belgium opened. It will be more than welcome. However, would it be a coaster? Or a new dark-ride? This is what we've got after some speculations on Belgian discussionboards:

* A new attraction 'Vampire'-style? Two Inverted Coasters in one park would be pretty stupid. A new rollercoaster Vampire-style would be something spectacular, never seen. (Vampire was a never seen kind of rollercoaster in Belgium when it opened)

* Someone said that when Anubis: The Ride opened in Plopsaland, Steven Putzeys, Operations Manager from Walibi Belgium was very interested in this kind of curve that you can find in Anubis.

* Walibi Belgium purchased an acre of land from 7ha. It was not yet known back than where it would be used for.

* Steven Putzeys, Operations Manager said to a Flemish discussion board that there indeed will be a new ride for Walibi Belgium in 2011, but that it would not be a rollercoaster.

And that last point reminds me of the rumor for the dark-ride/dark-coaster for Walibi World in 2011. Why? First of all, Walibi World is been removing several rides the past 5 years. They say because the park has 'overcapacity'...and, the park officialy announced that La Via Volta, the Vekoma Boomerang, will reopen in 2011...a dark-ride/dark-coaster for Walibi Belgium in 2011?