What's new

A Knightmare for Camelot

A

Anonymous

HarryBoyy said:
it is deffently not the first time this has happened to this ride

yes but the point is, it SHOULDN'T happen to the ride, that is probably Camelot's excuse "oh it happens all the time..." - so do something about it!

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I haven't even ridden Knightmare because when we went it was closed all day but I'm not really at all bothered. I probably wouldn't have ridden it anyways. I remember it looked pretty awful when they were putting it together. The shells of the trains looked like they were ready to fall to pieces, the track shook when the train was tested around the course and the staff didn't look convincingly aware of what to do. Its the same with Whirlwind. Both the track and the cars look knackered and it worries me how tacky the place is getting. I am glad they have saved it because it has been a good park to my childhood, but they need to prevent closing Knightmare and tidy the place up a bit if they are going to lease as a theme park for a few more years...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Just to let you know it's open again, it opened while we were there on Monday. It was broken in the morning, but they said it will more than likely be open in the afternoon, which it was! The first test run it was very slow up to the brakes, and stopped for a long time. But then I think the engineers must have sped up the climb hill, because they were up there with a spanner, and it was fine all day after that!

Terrible park though. Nice atmosphere I thought, but there's simply just nothing there.

Lofty

CF Legend
Its such a shame that camelot re-opened! lol!

Yeah Knightmare will be fine! I've still to ride it so I hope it is!

Just to ask... How is Camelot your home park when you live in wales?

Lofty

CF Legend
In that case Gullivers would be closer, Camelot is alot further up the M6 then Gullivers is.

A

Anonymous

-lofty- said:
In that case Gullivers would be closer, Camelot is alot further up the M6 then Gullivers is.

Well yes, I consider Gullivers and Camelot to be my home parks, but I exhausted Gullivers as a child and never go anymore, so Camelot is really my home park.

Recieved a letter from management at Camelot yesterday morning, expressing their apologies that the ride had been closed, and I was given two free tickets to return whenever I wanted.

Persistance does pay off you know :)

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I imagine Camelot is going through what some might say is a 'limp' to its final and ultimatley upcoming fall into the theme park scrap yard. The rides are extremely unreliable and the place sits right under the badass shadow of the Pleasure Beach. Heck, even Southports tacky Pleasureland fairground competes finely with it. It would be a shameful loss but its about time they stopped ripping people off and did something useful with the land. Who wants to pay £20 to wander around a considerably empty theme park when the only good ride/s are closed? The only way the place could be saved is if the council lets them do more with the place. Perhaps a new flat ride? Maybe even another travelling coaster to fill some gaps. Unfortunatley this would cost too much for the company and the council have never really got on with Camelot. The park is already void in my opinion. It is only open now in a desprate attempt to squeeze some more money out of what it has to offer, and even that is questionable these days- the answer... not a lot.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Same as it always was - 'salright I suppose. :)

Great for a piss poor park like Camelot, not so great in general :)