What's new

4th Annual CF Coaster Tournament Rules & Info (Sticky?)

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Bracket Link: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=364327

Format is going to be identical to the last two years because I feel that worked out pretty well. So there will be 5 different brackets originally and they are...
USA Steel- 32 Coasters
USA Wood- 16 Coasters
Europe Steel- 32 Coasters
Europe Wood- 8 Coasters
All Over- 32 Coasters

Making a total of 120 coasters and the Winner and Runner up of the USA Steel, Europe Steel, and All Over brackets make it to the World Bracket along with the winner of the USA Wood and Europe Wood brackets. Making 8 coasters in the World Bracket to determine the final winner.

The brackets are posted at http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=364327 and if you click on the name of the coasters it takes you to their RCDB page so you can see photos and stats to help with your voting. In each bracket under each matchup it says "Game ___ Details" and when I post the topic for voting I will title it "(Name of Bracket) Matches __, __, __, & __" So I'm changing the word "Game" to "Match" when I post the topic title so don't get confused by that. Also after the matchup is done the score of how many votes each coaster got will be posted in the bracket below that matchup.

Every topic will be open for voting for 24 hours from Midnight-11:59pm ET. Voting is open until I close off the voting and make the final post so if I don't stop it after 24 hours then voting technically is still open for a little longer then 24 hours and that will happen where I may not get on every day cause I actually have a life as well. You may NOT vote on a poll after I close it off and I would appreciate it very much as well if you didn't post after I close it off either cause then the old topic is above the new open topic and it confuses myself and others. (Last year team members were a great help in locking topics to further prevent this from happening.)

Coasters in the tournament must have been open and operating to the public before their first day of being in a poll to be voted on. (Changed that a little bit this year cause Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit cut it close last year.) I will probably do the brackets in the following order this year...
USA Steel
Europe Wood
USA Wood
Europe Steel
All Over
*This will give a lot of the coasters mainly in Asia to get a little extra time to open before voting commences for them.

Rules:

1- You may only vote once per topic, double voting will not count any of your votes.
2- You are allowed to vote even if you haven't ridden the coasters.
3- When voting please put your vote on the top of your post then hit enter and leave a line space before making any comments so it's easier to count the votes.

In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be determined this way. The first tie of the tournament will be broken by the first person to vote in that poll, the second tie to the second person to post in the poll of the day which the tie took place, etc. (Same as last year but have done the tie breakers three different ways now and I feel this is the most fair, but if anyone has ideas I'm open to hearing them.)

Observations over the past three years of doing this is it is more interesting if people post comments on their votes (Obviously some match ups don't need comments.) The first year of doing this there were tons and tons of comments and died down a lot two years ago and last year picked up a little bit again so hopefully we can get some comments in there.

CF Coaster Tournament Winners from Years Past:
2007- El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
2008- T Express, Everland
2009- Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce

Usually before the tournament starts some people think results will be the same as the year before but three years and three different winners so you never know what coaster can come out on top! Predictions are always welcome though. (Yet to have a steel coaster win too.)

As always any more questions or comments about it can be posted in here and voting will start July 9th. Enjoy!