What's new

3 DreamWorks Parks for Russia

nadroJ

CF Legend
Screamscape said:
The head of DreamWorks Animation, Jeffrey Katzenberg has announced to the media in Russia that they will open THREE DreamWorks Animation themed “parks” in 2015 (near Moscow, St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg), pointing out that these will open about 3 years ahead of Universal’s project in Moscow’s Galactica Park which is aiming for a 2018 opening date.
These will be year-round parks (indoor) that will be built along with a 400-room hotel, concert hall, 4-D Theater, a retail mall and more in each location. The cost of building all three projects is estimated at $1.5 billion. Each park will have 5 of 6 different themed zones representing different popular DreamWorks Animation characters and featuring various rides, shows, attractions and character interactions.

I can definitely see DreamWorks being a fantastic basis for a theme park, but three parks? Going a bit overboard.

Obviously we see pipe dreams like this crop up all the time, but fun to discuss anyway ;]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Still waiting on American Dream to open next year, but so far I haven't seen anything going on at the mall nor has there been any further information since the original announcements last July.
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=34533&hilit=Dreamworks
The project in New Jersey seems more likely to go ahead (once they get all the permits passed) as the mall already exists & it's Triple Five that will own/run the park with Dreamworks licensing & not Dreamworks themselves making the investment. But hey, you never know... Russia is certainly an untapped market with a rising economy that surely has plenty of potential.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Good news!

Russia is a huge market to get in on, and all the three locations seems very ideal in terms of population.
I'm going to assume that there are a few rich Russians behind these projects, that are just licensing Dream Works.