• Negatives - coz I wanna feel high

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lats - because I enjoy pain and bondage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
My question is -

What do you prefer in a roller coaster, a positive-G, negative-G or a Lateral-G?

For me, I prefer a strong positive G. Theres nothing like being stapled into your seat thinking 'what the hell is this' and that to me, is what makes a ride an impressive one.

So, your views :)

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Easily positive. It feels more intense to me, and I think thats what creates a good ride.

Negative G's is like, airtime right? So obviously that for me, but good positives can also make or break a ride, like MaXair, which has great positives and is the reason I actually like it.

Linears are also quite good though, but I think in the end, negative G's are the best.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I prefer more the negative g's associated with airtime rather than the forceful positive g's you feel on helixes, loops, etc.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Really all depends. It used to all be about positive G's for me, but they cripple me now due to the back problems.

I still enjoy them, but prefer to be out of my seat more nowadays.

However, it depends...

I like negative (ejector) when I'm loose on a woody. I also liked it on Bizzaro (SFNE) with the lap restraints. I'd have liked it more with more room though :)

However, I HATEHATEHATE ejector with an OTSR. So that's most Intamin and Gerstlauer rides. It's mostly my size, because my shoulders dig into the restraint and it limits body movement and causes me pain.

I really liked pure floater (the zero G) on the B&M Megas where your bum just sits two inches or so off the seat as you go down.

So it's a real mix for me. I loved Khan because it gave a real mix of high, negative and zero all the way through the ride (and B&M OTSR don't restrict/hurt me) :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I like a real mix of all G's. Not just a whole load of one type.

Thats probally why I like Maverick and Millie a lot...They cover the lot at some point in the ride.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Positive for me, but I haven't been able to experience many rides which produce a lot of negative yet.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well if it's say an Invert or a looper then I prefer strong positive G's but I do prefer strong negative G's like on Intamin woodies and Mega coasters. I love the feeling of being ejected from your seat so while I like a good mix of both I prefer strong negative G's.

jokerman

Giga Poster
For purely the sensation, negative, but I think that positives give much more of an experience, which is what you want from a coaster..

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'll take the lot... feeling the forces and getting thrown around in all different directions is THE main reason I am so in love with coasters. To me, a good coaster has to be forceful in some dimension, ideally combining bits of all three.

But if I had to pick one force, it'd be the negative G's. I feel like great airtime is much more elusive than great positives, so when you're on a ride that delivers that, it's a real treat.
Also, especially on old woodies, I think negative G's feel more "dangerous" than positives, as in... I really like that feeling of losing my stomach and feeling as if I could be thrown from my seat. So in a way it's more of an adrenaline rush, too, which is a big plus.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Positive G's are nice, but it's the good negative g's that stand out at the end of the day.

tks

Strata Poster
^ That explains so much... :p

I prefer negative, who really wants to feel multiples of their body weight. I prefer to be as light as I can! :D

Steven

Giga Poster
Negative. I like feeling the floaty sensation and on lap restraint coasters like I am going to pop out and fall to my death any min. Over shoulder its rare but does happen to get a bit too much as it can hurt more. But still negative.