Fastrack should be gone!

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Mark

Strata Poster
Indeed Marc, if they are going to do fast pass it should be restricted to one or two rows per train or something. Rather then whole train loads turning up at one time, which as you said, happened at GF.

Rush

Giga Poster
The thing I depise the most about Thorpe's fastrack is that it replaced SRQ.

SRQ used to work SO well. Especially on the flats such as Rush, Vortex and Samurai. It wasn't as good on Colossus and Inferno due to blocking the exit and there's more faff with it but it really was an excellent service. Unfortunately, Tussauds/Thorpe/whatever had to be greedy and remove it as it wasn't making a profit. In those days you could EASILY get 44 rides on Rush without having to pay a single penny. You still see loads of empty seats on those rides and it makes me annoyed that they haven't even thought of re-introducing it to them.

The fact that Leigh and Tina got 6 rides on Saw with it having a 4 hour queue pretty much proves it can be efficient.

Sadly, Fastrack is a huge money earner for Thorpe so I can't see it going. The fastrack 'packages' e.g. the £9 ones work on a time slot as far as I'm aware which isn't too bad as it's supposed to stop too many people using it at once. However when you add the Ultimate Fastrackers, Disabled Passes and Priority Passes it completely ****s the system up with swarms of people entering the fastrack queue at once.

Oh and then they oversell them as well. I can only see two types of people who benefit from it, the business, and the people using it. Everyone else hates it. The staff loathe it. I loathe it, it's the worst thing that Thorpe have introduced to their park in my opinion.

If they can't cope with it, they should scrap it or completely re-think the idea.

Beans

Hyper Poster
When we went to Thorpe last week the op on Inferno continuously let Fastrack through without letting any of the normal queue through, must have been in excess of 50-60 people she let through and only let the normal queue through once ALL the Fastrack queue had gone. That is not fair at all, should be a limit to how many at a time, we waited and extra 30 mins waiting for her to do this.

I can understand Fastrack Ultimate if you have travelled a long way like Rob, that is fair enough, we would have probably done the same at Cedar Point, but we queued long queues over there and to be honest the attmosphere was good, although sticky.

So this is the point really. Fair system or everyone queues just like other Parks.

peep

CF Legend
I think they should just get rid of the system as it causes too many problems. One of the park's priorities should be to keep ALL guests happy. If they introduce a system which they can't control properly it's going to annoy the guests which don't have silly amounts of money to throw away to save a little bit of queuing time.

In theory Single rider queues are an excellent idea but when at Thorpe they seem to fail on all sorts of levels. The staff seem to loose control and instead of letting through single riders to fill up empty seats I found on occasions that they would let a random number of peeps in the queueline on to the ride. Sorry but isn't that just another normal queue? Not very single rider like.

They do exactly the same with fastrack. At Ghosterforce last year we had queued ages for Collosucks. When we got to the point where the queues merge the guy just let in anyone that walked towards him with a ticket. Completely ignoring the peeps behind him who had queued several hours.

So if they can't run the system properly then I don't think they should have it.

While I'm having a moan about this sort of thing, I think disabled guests should only be allowed a maximum of 3 peeps with them (for all parks) when using priority exit tickets. Sometimes it can get ridiculous and makes the queue for a ride even longer.

peep

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^For disabled guest the disabled person is only allowed 3 people with them on the ride.

Well that's obviously something else which fails then as I've spotted about 10 peeps in one group before.

Dave

CF Legend
Problem is with Thorpe is the type of guests they get can be horrible gobby threatening people who treat he staff like push overs, to which the staff rather not have the hassle.

Lain

Giga Poster
Wait, you went to Thorpe Park in the Easter holidays, managed to get on the brand new ride six times, as well as a bunch of other rides, and you're complaining about it? :?

Je ne comprends pas.

A

Anonymous

I have to agree fastrack should be gotten rid of. When overhearing or talking about Thorpe yourself, I can't tell how many times the other person has taken the 'Just get fastrack' excuse with everything. It shows that even with the expenses people are still willing to buy it.

If Thorpe say themselves they are keen on 'keeping queuetimes down', why do they then go and continue selling fastrack. It really does make no sense. I know people are going to say 'sometimes we don't want to queue 2 hours', but if there was no fastrack you wouldn't have to queue 2 hours anyway!

Slash

Giga Poster
Ben, saying Disney's fastpass system doesn't increase queues is a lie. Most of the time I'll agree it doesn't and you can see they are being fair but they have some (un-said) rule that ruins it. They let anyone on as long as their time has started, they don't enforce the finish time of the fastpass, even so thats not the worst bit.

The worst is when I was queued up for test track the fastpass queue kept filling up quickly (obviously a lot of people turned up at the same time and I counted a 12:1 ratio of people being let on (thats fastpass to standby) so its not full proof.

That said it is the best fastpass system by far in the world. Thorpe's idea is crap and obviously doesn't work.

marc

CF Legend
Test Track is a problem anyway I hate queuing for it no matter what queue I am in. But I dont think fast pass does increase the queue time for it b that much. They have a totally different queue for it, and their own pre show. The normal queue line has 2 pre show rooms which they also let single riders in.

Thats what I saw when I was there anyway. In your case they may not have had all the pre show rooms open.

No matter where you go fast pass will add time to the main queue, but Disney limit the number of tickets they give out to a time slot and 9 times out of 10 it works well.

Ben

CF Legend
Slash said:
Ben, saying Disney's fastpass system doesn't increase queues is a lie. Most of the time I'll agree it doesn't and you can see they are being fair but they have some (un-said) rule that ruins it. They let anyone on as long as their time has started, they don't enforce the finish time of the fastpass, even so thats not the worst bit.

Well, so? If you are in the queue at say, 12:30, sure, there might be people going in the Fastpass queue who were supposed to be there from 11-12, but, there'll also be people who were supposed to be there from 12-13 who won't turn up until 13:30 (ie., a long time after you've been and gone.

The worst is when I was queued up for test track the fastpass queue kept filling up quickly (obviously a lot of people turned up at the same time and I counted a 12:1 ratio of people being let on (thats fastpass to standby) so its not full proof.

A. It's foolproof. Not "full proof"
B. I highly, highly, highly doubt this "12:1" thing and highly suspect it's an exaggeration. Proof, or it's bollocks. Why? Read Marc's post.
C. If you're trying to base this off one experience, try again.

People that complain about the Disney system annoy me. So, people took advantage of a FREE system and maximised their day. So? Are you jealous you lacked the brain power to do the same? No-one to blame, but you.

And why doesn't Fastpass add to the queues? That's why the time slots are there. You take people out of the regular queue by making them "fastpassers", thus the regular queue is shorter, if MAYBE longer. Maybe.

But, back to Thorpe... Thorpe fail because they over-sell them. Though, I've never actually had much of an issue with them, and do think it's the sort of thing people like to greatly exaggerate about because, what, it's two minutes longer for Colossus? Wow. That's a big worry.