What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

BigBad

Mega Poster
I sure do hope that it has the out-of-control pace that other RMCs have, and I think it will. Something to keep in mind about the wider curvatures and banking transitions is that this is going to be going through them faster than any other RMC. With the height that we expect from this, the top speed should be close to 80mph.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
We can all agree that this will probably be the largest RMC project. That hill is massive and I'm suprised there's even room for the rest of the ride because of how tall the lift is. Does anyone have an idea on how tall this will be? 200 feet? 300 feet? Somewhere in between?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
We can all agree that this will probably be the largest RMC project. That hill is massive and I'm suprised there's even room for the rest of the ride because of how tall the lift is. Does anyone have an idea on how tall this will be? 200 feet? 300 feet? Somewhere in between?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Welcome to every other page of this entire discussion. More than 200 is all anyone has surmised.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
All I'm hoping for right now is no idiot to get hit by a coaster and have the announcement delayed.

Well, what are the odds...

Probably won't delay the announcement, though, since it happened at a completely different park a continent and a half away. Still, people aren't hit by coasters that often, so it's quite a coincidence that it was reported on the same day as you said it.

EDIT: Seems like I was wrong, the incident actually happened a couple of days ago.

coasternick92

Roller Poster
Well, what are the odds...

Probably won't delay the announcement, though, since it happened at a completely different park a continent and a half away. Still, people aren't hit by coasters that often, so it's quite a coincidence that it was reported on the same day as you said it.

EDIT: Seems like I was wrong, the incident actually happened a couple of days ago.
He's referring to when the raptor death caused a delay for I believe the valravn announcement.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I've heard from a friend who went that there will actually be five inversions! And a crap ton of airtime at the end! He said no name, no stats, just a POV played once and that's it.

EDIT: He just told me he screwed up and mistyped that, it's 4 inversions. Said something that looked like a stall towards the end?

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's another report from the same Mean Streak preview: "Viewing finished. No details regarding name, height, etc was given. Just an animation showing the cart coming out of station and going through the layout. At the end, lots of small airtime hills over and over again it looked like. As soon as the animation ended, we were sent out. No questions. So, we got basically no details. Still, cool to see a finished animation."

I also had the chance to cruise around the Sandusky Bay this weekend. Was sure to bring back photos. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Oh c'mon. Is anybody actually surprised they gave zero details at all? You honestly think they'd just give these people all the information to share to the world?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So no views of the trains either? Huh sounds like a straight teaser with no real information.
It turns out, when you want to keep information classified until it's official announcement, you don't share it with all of your staff. ;)