What's new

Roughest/Most Uncomfortable Lift Hills

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Which coasters have you ridden, that have uncomfortable lift hills? For me, it was Tomahawk at Portaventura, it had such a large jolt when the train engaged in the lift hill, it really hurt. Another one is El Diablo, also at PA. It's not so much the sudden jolt, but how the lift suspension jolts the train up the lift, a sort of bouncing sensation. I've heard the Big Apple coaster shakes the whole way up the lift hill, and is rathe uncomfortable. Are there any other coasters with lift hills as "rough" as these?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I find that a fair chunk of log flumes have pretty janky lifts. Just the log on a belt.

American Eagles sometimes has a car jolt back and forth when it's at the bottom of the lift. Not a ride-changing thing, nor is it a terrible experience, but you can 100% feel it.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Caripro Batflyers (well, some of them, anyway) look to have pretty uncomfortable lift entries.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Oblivion has the rattliest lift hill I've ever experienced. I cabtc rest my head back during the lift hill because it starts to give me a headache.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
G-Force, Drayton Manor.
It's a lift hill... that goes upside down! The hang-time is disgusting. Yuck.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I remember the old Chance Toboggan, that was at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, being pretty vicious with bangs at the top, middle, and bottom of the lift!

Wild Mouse at Blackpool developed a bit of bang at the top of the lift too

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That clunk in Fahrenheit when the blocks on the chains grab the train is awful, though last time I rode it it wasn’t as bad.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I first thought of some standard Arrow looper where the speed isn't consistent. Then I remembered the Vekoma flying dutchmans, so I guess I'll go with that. Lying on your back and staring at the sun isn't the best position.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Only qualm is loud chain lifts, where ambient noise goes from 10 to 200 once the chaindog hits. Vekoma Flying Dutchmen, older B&Ms, and RMC are all culprit here.