What's new

Smoothest Non-RMC/GCI/Gravity Group Woodies

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What are the smoothest wooden coasters you have ridden not made by the big 3 companies?

For me, I would probably say NS and BPB. It seems to be running quite well this year!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Does El Toro count?
The reason I ask, trivia fans, is that El Toro was, in fact, constructed by RMC.
If it does count, then that.
If not, Balder.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Nick Streak isn't even "smooth" in my opinion. I think there's a misconception that anything that isn't rough is by default smooth, but Nick Streak is still pretty bouncy and bangs about on the laterals, just no way near the extent that Nash & Dipper do. That said, I don't actually think I've been on a smooth woodie that isn't GCI built. Should be visiting Tripsdrill later in the year so I'll see how Mammut rides. :)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Why has this been moved to roller coaster construction? Or did I stupidly start the topic in here in the first place...

Hutch

Strata Poster
Was having a hard time trying to think of one but I guess Phoenix. Don't remember it being particular shaky, and it certainly helps that you're basically in the air half the time.

I'd imagine the Intamin Pre-fabs are among the smoothest, though I haven't ridden one.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The thing that makes Phoenix so good is that there's one lap long bar covering both seats in each row, and it doesn't even come close to touching your thighs. And there's no seatbelts! So you're basically flying as you go through the seemingly simple layout. It's amazing.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Phoenix is very smooth, Balder is as well. Toro has a few points of roughness, but I'd still put it 3rd behind the other 2.