What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Dave

CF Legend
Already made a joke about rug burns.

Seeing that gold wall and there's something in there about a vajazzle but I'll rise above it.
The Great Vajazzle of Blackpool?

(Sounds like an magic act from the 1920s!)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
It would look better if the wall was all one tone instead of half reflective. Hopefully the reflective parts don't get too dirty as the years go on.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
So, hang on, is ICON supposed to be a snake?
Yes, I think it was on another forum but a while back Temleh informed us that ICON is a giant snake that has erupted from beneath the ground at Blackpool due to a powerful dagger fracturing the surface of the Earth. It was something like that.

I promise this is not a joke!

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
Yes, I think it was on another forum but a while back Temleh informed us that ICON is a giant snake that has erupted from beneath the ground at Blackpool due to a powerful dagger fracturing the surface of the Earth. It was something like that.

I promise this is not a joke!

Hilarious!

Coaster

Mega Poster
Hang on a minute... World's first?!

41432406744_bc8db97c6a_b.jpg

https://winiconride.co.uk/

Have they never heard of Helix, Manta, Full Throttle etc? A complete and utter false claim, much worse than anything Alton have done!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah that's piss poor.

On the advert though, I actually really like it. The pink blossom's stand out a bit but on the whole, it's quite good.

Will

Strata Poster
The advert made me think of a sky sports montage, a bit too over the top :p
The 'world's first' thing, if that's real is very, very awkward. Then again, how long did they say PMBO was the tallest and fastest in Europe for?

Dar

Hyper Poster
The whois for the competition is a social media agency, so they've probably overblown the claim without thinking about it, without BPB say so. Maybe? I don't know, but it seems odd that their in-house stuff is consistent and the one bit from outside PBB is different

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The Thompson's have been talking about Icon being the "World's best roller coaster", I don't know how they'd go about that with advertisements.