What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
I’m really hopping this new coaster will be open for the NFL draft in April. The park might do an early opening to match the draft timeline and the new airport
That is a very good point! I’ll be very curious to know what an average wooden roller coaster takes to build. I feel like the window is very tight for spring time next year.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
That is a very good point! I’ll be very curious to know what an average wooden roller coaster takes to build. I feel like the window is very tight for spring time next year.
With the right contractors/construction/etc anything is possible 🤷‍♀️, if you look at the project 50 project plans on compass kc they list a "Jay Healy" with George Butler Associates. I'm not sure if anyone else besides me lives in Lee's Summit on the coasterforce (Lees Summit is part of the KC Metro, about 15-20 min away from WOF). But my point is their is a bridge on Chipman, near target and the Summit Woods Crossing Shopping Center and George Butler is also working on this project which should be done by the next few weeks and wasn't supposed to be done until the holiday but they changed that on their website. So I'm not exactly sure what GBA is doing with the WOF Coaster/Project but they do have a very fast turn around record so it's not a bad possibility that they could do an early enough park opening for the draft if the coaster is done and ready to roll.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
With the right contractors/construction/etc anything is possible 🤷‍♀️, if you look at the project 50 project plans on compass kc they list a "Jay Healy" with George Butler Associates. I'm not sure if anyone else besides me lives in Lee's Summit on the coasterforce (Lees Summit is part of the KC Metro, about 15-20 min away from WOF). But my point is their is a bridge on Chipman, near target and the Summit Woods Crossing Shopping Center and George Butler is also working on this project which should be done by the next few weeks and wasn't supposed to be done until the holiday but they changed that on their website. So I'm not exactly sure what GBA is doing with the WOF Coaster/Project but they do have a very fast turn around record so it's not a bad possibility that they could do an early enough park opening for the draft if the coaster is done and ready to roll.
I looked up my own answer and it says about 8 months to build a wooden coaster vs 1.5 years for a steel and possibly longer for both if theming is legit, but this cedar fair, not Universal or Disney, so not too worried about that.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
I looked up my own answer and it says about 8 months to build a wooden coaster vs 1.5 years for a steel and possibly longer for both if theming is legit, but this cedar fair, not Universal or Disney, so not too worried about that.

As a fyi, that Steel time includes the fabrication. Once on site construction starts, the time to construct a steel coaster is a matter of months. This is probably favorable for the WoF coasters timeline too since the "track stack" will be pre-fabricated vs being constructed on site.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
As a fyi, that Steel time includes the fabrication. Once on site construction starts, the time to construct a steel coaster is a matter of months. This is probably favorable for the WoF coasters timeline too since the "track stack" will be pre-fabricated vs being constructed on site.
That’s a great point! The track for this ride if it is all Titan track can just be made off site and shipped. This speeds up the process of constructing a wooden coaster

jonnyu

Roller Poster
The park usually opens the same weekend the have the draft so I'm sure it will be ready if not sooner.

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Something I’ve been keeping my eyes on has been the permits. Almost all of them have seen huge updates over the past few days. The biggest update being that almost everything that was originally denied has now been approved by the city. This is great news as it likely means construction can really ramp up here relatively quickly after the announcement
This is fantastic!!! Can you post any screenshots please?

kc2dc

Roller Poster
I have been following this forum for a while, but this is my first post. Growing up in KC, I'm just very excited to see WoF possibly going to the next level.

I wanted to comment on the location of WoF. It doesn't matter where it's at. All that matters is if the park is a destination or not. Yeah, it's sort of in an industrial area but there is nothing really wrong with the area either. Actually WoF is only a few minutes from the fastest growing part of all of Metro KC and that's the Shoal Creek area of the Northland. But again, that doesn't matter. Even if driving from Olathe, it's only 30 minutes. That's nothing. I live in the DC area now and the theme parks out here are all hours away from everything. (I'm sure the average visitor drives hours to Kings Dominion, Bush Gardens, Six Flags, Hershey Park etc.)

KC is not a small market at all. 2.6 million live within 60 miles of downtown KC and the city used to be a major tourism draw from a region of millions (Omaha, Wichita, Des Moines, OKC, Springfield etc). There is no reason that WoF could not be in a top tier park in the Cedar Fair chain.

Anyway, I hope this is just the start of great things for the park. It's a nice park and with just a few new high quality coasters, it could easily jump up to one of the better parks in the midwest and the cedar fair chain.

Last edited:

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Are we expecting this to be fully Titan track? I know there’s evidence pointing to this coaster using it to some degree along with the infinity flyer trains, but what are the chances it’s a mostly wooden coaster with titan track on the inversions/possible launch?

jonnyu

Roller Poster
I've had a gut feeling this was going to be a family coaster since the early rumors that it was a modern version of Zinger. The only family coaster that WOF has right now is Spinning Dragons and those spinners don't always appeal to everyone. As much as I'd be disappointed, a family wooden coaster does make sense in their lineup.

TyStyle

Roller Poster
The fact that Dan Peak is the engineer associated with the project still makes me feel like it's going to be a full GCI Titan, maybe on the smaller side, but definitely with full titan track, inversions, and the like. Maybe the cars are Safari Jeep themed.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I've had a gut feeling this was going to be a family coaster since the early rumors that it was a modern version of Zinger. The only family coaster that WOF has right now is Spinning Dragons and those spinners don't always appeal to everyone. As much as I'd be disappointed, a family wooden coaster does make sense in their lineup

Also Outlaws Run down in Branson is 48 inches, which 48 inches technically can be considered a family coaster 🤷‍♀️Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.20.24 PM.png