What's new

ZacSpin

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Are Zacspin coasters really that great? Or do they just suck and waste space. I have never rode a Zacspin but from what I see they look very boring. That "Green Lantern" ride looks like a sorry excuse for a rollercoaster. The rides look short with very little payoff. I mean if a ride is going to be short it should be intense like TTD or Kingda Ka, not just some lame partial flipping.

So, are zacspins any good?

Intricks

Strata Poster
I consider TTD lame cause its a 12 second ride that has lines for over 2hrs. No thanks. Plus, you cant look at Green Lantern and say "it sucks". It just opened, those were most likely first rides shot for video, which means those rides were limited in movement because it hasnt been broken in yet. Plus, it looked like they didnt weight it right tbh.

Go look at the other two (?) Zac Spins out there, they flip a lot when given the proper weight and whatnot.

The lack of anything exciting in the lay-out is that it is a PROTOTYPE still, amd Intamin doesnt want to **** up like they did with Furius Baco and I305 (granted they fixed I305, after neutering it first for an entire season). I say two more installments and we may see better variation on the layout.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Let's just pretend Furius Baco didn't happen ok? Baco is one of the stupidest layouts i have ever seen.

I think the Low Capacity on Zacspins pose a real problem.

Also, i waited about 20 minutes for the front seat of dragster when the line was slated to be 1.5 hours.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
From what I've heard from other members, Insane is...well, insane. I personally think we will be seeing a lot more of these in the near future. They may have low capacity, but at the same time, they fit in a very small footprint, which is ideal for small parks.

A

Anonymous

Zac-Spins are the ultimate out of control feeling there is non like it...
You never know what is going to happen, and the bends in the track coupled with different weight distributions it offers infinite different ride experiences. You really have to ride one to understand how good they are.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've been on Insane and it certainly lived up to its name although I thought it was really good and definitely one of the most unusual coasters I've ridden.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Having been on all 3 European Zac Spins, with Kirnu and Inferno being exactly the same. I feel they offer a unique ride experience, especially with Insane at Grona Lund, which made me black out. When I watched the on-ride video of Green Lantern, I was disappointed when it almost stopped at the brakes, as the drop afterwards made my black out on Insane. They are extremely fun =D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^You just bashed it completely, and now say the northeast needs one? They are meant for smaller parks really. They are a coaster but more or less an over glorified flat, or am I mistaken people who have ridden them?

Intricks

Strata Poster
I think he means so he doesnt have to spend too much money to go to the only one in the US. I can see Cedar Point getting one cause it wouldnt take up too much room, and could be placed in one of several spots. Same with several somewhat small parks in the NE (Kennywood, Knoebles, SFGAdv, Hershey...). Small coaster that can give a very good thrill, not take up much room, seems to not cost too much (how much did Green Lantern, Insane and Kirnu cost?)...seems that it will be very popular soon enough in the states.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^ That's exactly what I meant, I cant exactly afford the 800$ to fly to Europe, plus it's supposedly cheaper to fly to the US from Europe than to buy plane tickets in the US because of that stupid tourism tax to keep tourism in the USA... >.> I don't know if those rumours of travel are true, but I can't afford to go back to europe for about 3 more years, unless I finish writing this book and get it published.

But still, I don't want to have to travel to Europe or California or hell even Canada to ride a stupid ZacSpin, so they should build one in the Northeast. It seems like the best parks for one would be Lake Compounce or Six Flags New England.

Jake

Strata Poster
I've only ridden one (Kirnu).

It was what I expected, which wasn't much, but it IS a different feeling I suppose.

I'd like to try one of the bigger ones, as Kirnu hit the brakes just as it got started. I think they could be good if they were longer <3.