What's new

Youtube - Old or New channels?

Which channel design do you like the best?

• Old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
Not sure if you're all aware but there are two channel types available on Youtube at the moment.

There's the old channels:
www.youtube.com/coasterollie

Or the New channels:
www.youtube.com/SanbrookeProductions

Personally I completely HATE, HATE, HATE the new channels. They're all crammed together. Hard to navigate and harder to customise.

But I guess this doesn't matter as Youtube are being utter pricks and FORCING EVERYONE to use the new ones as off the 29th of this month.

Youtube said:
TIMELINE FOR THE NEW CHANNELS:

On 24 June, all new accounts will get the new version of channels.
On 29 July, we will force migration of all (new and existing) user accounts into the new channels design.
Partner accounts will be forced to migrate on 29 July.

Q. I am a long-time user of YouTube and I want to create a new account/channel. Can I use the old design?
A. No. All new accounts will get the new channels design, even if you have a preexisting old-design channel. Eventually, we will migrate all users to the new design, so even your old channel will be changed to the new design.
http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube ... wer=152024

So what are your views on the channel designs and do you think Youtube should force everyone to use the new one rather than give us a choice?

Ollie

CF Legend
^I didn't mind the Facebook change. But this one just sucks completely. They're making it worse not improving it.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I hadn't even noticed the layout had changed. They both look quite similar and once I can find the play button for the video I'm after, I'm happy enough.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I prefer the old channels. The new ones look horrible to the eye and it makes me press back as it's so unattractive.

Hence why mine is remaining the old layout.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Old ones are alot better. It will take me a while to get used to the new ones but oh well. >_<

I don't think it's fair they're forcing everyone to use them though, they should just let people choose which one they prefer. :?

Ollie

CF Legend
It's just so much more difficult to find the videos you want. Now you have to scroll down that stupid list on the side with the tabs at the top whereas before you just have to click on 'videos' to bring up a list of all your videos in the order you wanted 'newest to oldest', 'most viewed' etc.

They've crammed so much together in the new ones now that you've got about a centimetre either side for your background image as well which defies the whole point of having one if the stupid box is in the way.
Grrr I hate Youtube now. :x

peep

CF Legend
I think the new ones are fine. I usually watch other peep's videos on the actual video page rather on the user's 'channel' anyway. If I want to see more of their videos I just click the link with the list which is located to the right of the video.

I think the new look of the channels are quite nice, I think it's very neat and tidy.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
It's just so much more difficult to find the videos you want. Now you have to scroll down that stupid list on the side with the tabs at the top whereas before you just have to click on 'videos' to bring up a list of all your videos in the order you wanted 'newest to oldest', 'most viewed' etc.

I just shat bricks

omfgh.jpg

Either people are really ****ing stupid or blind.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I don't care really. The new one is just the same as the old one but with everything in a different place. I quite like the way you can watch videos in the channel rather than directing you to a new page. All I want to know is where the hell they've put the favourites?

Ollie

CF Legend
^I have no idea at all where the favourites are.
I think when everyone gets the new channel they have to click on their username at the top of the page and then click 'favourites' from the drop down menu. But that page is laid out really badly and I still have no idea how to view someone else's favourite videos.

kimahri

CF Legend
I stand corrected.

Stupid and blind.

omfgohd.jpg

Christ, you're complaining and getting frustraited over **** all. It's actually quite amusing. KEEP DOIN IT!